Getting out of California

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve officially had it with California. My wife and I miraculously came to the same conclusion when I got home from work one day that we need to come up with a plan. We have two kids currently. 2 and newborn, with most likely another one making an appearance at some point. This is no place to raise a family, and I am concerned about there upbringing over the next 10-15 years.

I have hunted Montana several times, both western and eastern side and have fell in love with more with each visit. I know work can be scarce and my company is willing to work with me on re location, which I am super grateful and blessed for.

Most likely, it will have to western Montana for settling on because it is closer to the majority of Agriculture in Idaho and Great Falls that my company is centered around. So the question is, where are some places we should strongly consider for purchasing a small amount of land and either building or having a successful time finding a nice residence with a family focused environment? Leaning on you folks to help dial us in.

Thanks in advance!

Mt Al

WKR
Understood you stated Western Montana - but IMHO Great Falls and Helena, especially Great Falls, are underappreciated as outdoorsman/woman/person paradise and family friendly. Two friends who moved to Great Falls love it, very little hunting competition compared to Bozeman/Western Montana, and neither one has plans on moving to a more cool/trendy place in Montana. My two cents.

Anywho - Lots of great places in Western MT. Hamilton, Missoula, Kalispell, the whole road actually from Darby to North of Kalispell is tough to find a bad spot. Some places on Salish Kootenai tribal land can be tough, but some are fine. Worth looking at Superior west of Missoula as well. If you like remote/small-ish community check out Plains. Recommend taking the family on an extended community hunting vacation and drive all Western MT - lots of great places and coming from California you might have enough equity to buy, especially with prices becoming more realistic.

Bozeman is where all your neighbors are moving. There should probably be a questionnaire that you need to fill out before we can properly place you.

An incomplete list of California exit exam questions are listed below in no particular order

1. Do you currently or have you owned a Tesla?
  2. When driving alone do you wear a mask?
  3. Have you ever removed the body part where your pee comes out?
  4. Do you have pronouns?
  5. Is your portfolio diversified in ESG funds?
  6. Do you put ketchup on steak?
  7. Do you identify as non-binary, a furry, or any animal from the feline family?
  8. Have you ever played "tummy sticks" or "ouch ouch you're on my hair"?
  9. Do you have a suppressor on your 6.5 Creedmoor?
  10. Do you do crossfit?
  11. Do you manscape more than once per month?

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Bozeman is where all your neighbors are moving. There should probably be a questionnaire that you need to fill out before we can properly place you.

An incomplete list of California exit exam questions are listed below in no particular order

4. Do you have pronouns?
  7. Do you identify as non-binary, a furry, or any animal from the feline family?
  10. Do you do crossfit?
Other then manscaping, no! 🤣🤣🤣

Agross

WKR

4. Do you have pronouns?
  10. Do you do crossfit?
Holy shit I’m laughing. This made my night!

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider

4. Do you have pronouns?
  10. Do you do crossfit?
12. Do you drive 25mph down the interstate with your flashers on during decent winter roads?

Couldn’t believe all the out of staters driving like idiots last winter. Watching Yellowstone must not have provided a good winter driving scene. Welcome to MT and real winter folks!

4. Do you have pronouns?
  10. Do you do crossfit?
1. No, all cars are evil. I run a single track bike with hemp tires

2. Yes, but while riding my bike actually

3. Yes but had the reversal surgery

4. Pronouns are very limiting. I use antinouns

5. I don’t have a portfolio, Biden will take care of me

6. I put ketchup on my impossible plant based burgers

7. Depends on the day of the week

8. Not sure what this is, but I’m going to say “yes” because it’s probably what the cool kids are doing. I’ll google it and try later.

9. Silencers are ILLEGAL here!!

10. About once a year but I do have lots of shirts

11. ALL hair grows freely in my yurt

In all seriousness…it’s not so hard to live here when you’re away from a major city and don’t look closely at your taxes or watch the news. I get two OTC deer tags with very long seasons, 3 turkeys a year, pigs, bear, waterfowl, upland, great variety of fishing. I’m too busy enjoying the outdoors 12 months a year to thing about how much I hate California.

If you want to be close to Idaho Ag then perhaps Dillion, nice town a lot like Hamilton.

Best way to figure it out is to road trip all the places you are interested in moving to, and then do a little research on the different climates, crime, and housing costs of the places you liked.