Getting out of California

260madman

WKR
Ps water is limited in the west, we are going to see first hand how all this development works out in the next 20 or so years
you’re all going to be driving EVs and climate change will be reversed so water will flow freely everywhere. Why are you such a Debbie downer? 🤪

Billinsd

WKR
Ps water is limited in the west, we are going to see first hand how all this development works out in the next 20 or so years
Yep, San Diego imports 90% of it's water. We have a big sewage to drinking water project in San Diego and water prices will go up 50% on the first phase. Water is and will continue to become much more expensive. San Diego is going up! Houses are getting torn down and replaced by expensive high rise apartments. I'm lucky, I suppose, because my family and I are prepared. My kids are extremely smart and my daughter is getting a civil engineering degree with scholarships to pay for everything. She has good paying internships lined up and she just started college. Her high school sweetheart is studying mechanical and will probably graduate early in 3 years. The rest of the West and rural parts are experiencing the baby boom I was part of, only it's not American babies, it's people flooding into border states and natives flooding out to other states. Best thing you can do is try and take advantage of it, or get swept aside like a big wave. Get a good education, get a good job, save money, be smart, work hard, buy real estate, be financially independent, then you got choices. Cheers Bill

Marble

WKR
You can be in a Liberal cess pool of state, but live in a phenomenal area. It's when the passing of laws affect you personally, then it's time to go.
I'm a perfect example. Oregon is a cesspool in a narrow area, Portland to Eugene.
I personally have not been infringed upon as of yet. Not one thing. Within 20 miles of my house there isn't much I can't kill or catch.
It will happen though. They'll tell me I can't buy ammo through the mail(Calif), can't buy gas lawn mowers(Calif), etc etc.
There is no perfect place, there are places close to perfect. In my opinion(as an outdoorsman) I live in perfect. Absolutely close to perfect. 120" a rain a year keeps the riff raff out.
Oregon Dems are getting real close to screwing up my perfect though
I feel the same way about where I live. I live in Redding. Family, our business and a lifetime of friends are all here. Very conservative ag country. I have one of the top 5 rivers in THE US 5 minutes from my house, a second house on the river in Dunsmuir, kids are all starting college. Parents are all alive. I'm not going anywhere.

I can choose to drive any direction from my house and hunt, fish, hike and sightsee places and things people from all over the world have wanted to see. The part of California I live in is rather scenic, rural and vast.

CA politics effects me at times, but usually it's incidental and I just have to find another way to do what I do.

Lastly, Healthcare, like mentioned above, is very important for me. Two time cancer survivor. Ill soon be a retired gov employee and my health insurance will be paid for. If I leave the state though the average cost of a comparable plan is $1000 monthly.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Havoc

FNG
I left Ca last year, amazing state with amazing outdoor opportunities. Unfortunately the politics of it all ruined it for me. I worked in LE, what a disaster all the progressive policies have made that state. My home town (Vallejo) is like Gotham City on the bay. My dads still there and I‘m trying to get him out but it won’t likely happen.

You can be in a Liberal cess pool of state, but live in a phenomenal area. It's when the passing of laws affect you personally, then it's time to go.
I'm a perfect example. Oregon is a cesspool in a narrow area, Portland to Eugene.
I personally have not been infringed upon as of yet. Not one thing. Within 20 miles of my house there isn't much I can't kill or catch.
It will happen though. They'll tell me I can't buy ammo through the mail(Calif), can't buy gas lawn mowers(Calif), etc etc.
There is no perfect place, there are places close to perfect. In my opinion(as an outdoorsman) I live in perfect. Absolutely close to perfect. 120" a rain a year keeps the riff raff out.
Oregon Dems are getting real close to screwing up my perfect though
@Oregon was measure 114 enough?

Oregon

WKR
Unfortunately your state courts will probably go along with this. It’s for your own safety. The left coast is completely lost.
Concur. Damn shame. Every penny I've made since I was 18 years old has been on the ocean. Not sure what I'm going to do in Idaho but I'll figure it out. Salts in my blood.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Stay and fight, the pendulum will swing back at some point.

Says the guy who’s GTFO of Ca in 3 months. Counting the days!

Anyone, ANYONE who would voluntarily live in a sh!thole like this either needs mental help or needs to rethink his priorities as a father, mother, caregiver. Unbelievable. Welcome to 2022.
I grew up there!

View attachment 450803
Got out of Illinois 3 years ago. That state is beyond fixable. The crime wave there is borderline Biblical at this point.

MattB

WKR
Unfortunately your state courts will probably go along with this. It’s for your own safety. The left coast is completely lost.
Luckily it doesn't work that way. This country still has the Constitution, which is ultimately what will govern.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
12. Do you drive 25mph down the interstate with your flashers on during decent winter roads?

Couldn’t believe all the out of staters driving like idiots last winter. Watching Yellowstone must not have provided a good winter driving scene. Welcome to MT and real winter folks!
They do it in the rain in Seattle too. It's insane

Bozeman is where all your neighbors are moving. There should probably be a questionnaire that you need to fill out before we can properly place you.

An incomplete list of California exit exam questions are listed below in no particular order

1. Do you currently or have you owned a Tesla?
  2. When driving alone do you wear a mask?
  3. Have you ever removed the body part where your pee comes out?
  4. Do you have pronouns?
  5. Is your portfolio diversified in ESG funds?
  6. Do you put ketchup on steak?
  7. Do you identify as non-binary, a furry, or any animal from the feline family?
  8. Have you ever played "tummy sticks" or "ouch ouch you're on my hair"?
  9. Do you have a suppressor on your 6.5 Creedmoor?
  10. Do you do crossfit?
  11. Do you manscape more than once per month?

That’s a great list. Definitely should be used. Tesla are freaking taking over the roadways in the pacific NW. I hate em. Ugly to. Especially the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My own observation is that native Californians have a tough time living outside of California. Throw in five Montana winters, and 50%+ are gone. That's something to consider. Winters are LONG here, but it helps keep out the riff-raff. When I came to Montana 30 years ago I drove the entire Western half of the state, looking at places to live, from Whitefish to Missoula, Dillon to Helena. I settled on Bozeman - no regrets. My advice for moving anywhere is DO NOT buy until you've lived in the area for a year (wherever you land).

Best wishes!

I agree.
Don’t live in Montana but weather DOES weeds em out. Many and not all are likely to always complain !
Were I grew up was taking over by California in the 90’s.... was a great place before that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk