getting ready! few more weeks

sk1

utah opener is always early....august 18th...5 to 8 miles back lookin for elk.

I've been hitting the treadmill at work on 15% incline and at home with 40% incline with 60lbs in my pack....feeling good but sure am glad I invested in trekking poles this year.

Attachments

• workout1.jpg
    workout1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 55

Brandon Pattison

How far do you go on one of those things and does it work compared to the real thing? I have never owned one but the wife wants one.

ChadH

I am with you on the trekking poles. My son and I did 20 miles today with packs loaded at 40 pounds. We did the 20 miles in elevation from 2500 to 6100 feet, so 3600 in elevation, in 7 hours. The uphills were fine (so the cardio on the treadmill and eleptical is working) but the DOWNHILLS killed these 50 year old knees. I didn't have my poles today either.... OOOUCH! Hour and a half drive home gave the muscles plenty of time to get stiff and I just extracted myself from the shower, I thought my wife was going to have to get the jaws of life out here to pry me out! :) It honestly feels good to conquer a big day.

OP
S

sk1

franklin they really do work pretty good it's definitely harder than a regular flat treadmill you will notice that immediately....the one at work only does a 15% incline, my expensive one for the wife does 40% which really gets tiring quick.....go try one out you'll be surprised

JasonWi

I really like using trekking poles they make such a difference. I typically only use one...unless I'm packing out meat.