Getting tired of the same old thing. New venison Recipes

OP
123efd2

123efd2

Lil-Rokslider
Heck yeah! All awesome ideas fellas. Definitely, be trying some of these over the next week!

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite especially neck roasts or shoulders

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is a great recipe. I make it for tacos and serve it to my fiends who say they “don’t like venison”. It has made some converts. Hank Shaw also a a great salsa verde recipe that goes well with this. I’ll make that and pair it with some pickled red onions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
I'm finishing off a BBQ elk meatloaf as I type this. Basic meatloaf recipe that I add diced onion and garlic, couple teaspoons of chipotle powder, couple shots of whatsthishere sauce and about a half cup of beef stock. Q39 BBQ sauce from Kansas City on top.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Don't knock it till you try it. Best with elk/non-sagey mule deer frozen for a couple days at least

Tartare and carpaccio are a couple of my favorite ways to eat elk. Grosses my wife out but I love it.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
I suggest Ted Nugent's cook book, Kill it and Grill it. Can't believe it was Ted coming up with this stuff. Do the venison roast with sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese and sausage. You could sell it by the plate for $$$.

His Swedish meatballs are beyond cheater easy to make and great. Served them to my anti sister-in-law and got instant conversion on the spot. Epic.

His jerky is again a great cheater recipe.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
A kid that has family in upstate New York told me to take quarter inch thick steaks and brown them well in butter and a dash of olive oil. Lighty season with a dash of salt and light garlic seasoning. Stay away from black pepper. As the meat finishes browning then hit it with enough 100% maple syrup to coat the meat and let it bubble up and then remove from the heat. This goes great with eggs and French toast.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I had axis bacon burger for supper. I always add 10% bacon to ground venison. Pretty dang good.

My new favorite way to cook venison of any kind is sous vide. I like to leave the tenderloins whole and cut backstraps into 2 or 3 large pieces - sized for 1 good meal for 2-4 people, cooked in 1 piece. Ham steaks are great too.

Season your cut of meat with your favorite dry seasoning, and then vacuum seal it. Let it marinate several hours in the fridge if you planned ahead and have time.

2-4 hours before meal time, submerge the sealed bag of meat in the sous vide cooker (big pot of water with a heat controller in it). I like to set the heat to about 128 degrees. That puts it on the rare side of medium rare. No matter how long you cook it, it won't get any more done than that. The longer you cook it, the more the muscle fibers break down though, so it gets more tender. If you go really long it can get mushy. 1 hour is plenty, but I like about 4 hours so it's really tender. You can put some in the cooker when you leave for work in the morning, and then have it ready to finish and eat for lunch. Or put it on at lunch to finish and eat for supper.

When you're ready to eat, take the meat out of the sous vide cooker and remove it from the bag. Save the juices. Get a cast iron skillet or your outdoor grill really hot. Sear the meat just long enough to put some grill marks on it and get a bit of a crisp sear on the outside - usually just a minute or so on each side.

Remove from the hot sear. Put a little butter on top of the meat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice and eat. It will melt in your mouth.

Okhotnik

WKR
Don't knock it till you try it. Best with elk/non-sagey mule deer frozen for a couple days at least

I have elk deer and antelope many times using a similar recipe

Was excellent

Thanks for posting

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
Same here we live on venison! I recently came across a video of a butcher cutting up his backstraps in the same way you see rack of lamb with the ribs coming off the loin. Actually looks really simple. Just seperate from spine and not from ribs then run a bone saw parrallel to spine and through the ribs. Scrape off extra meat and fat from rib ends and it presents very similar to traditional rack of lamb. I cannot wait for the next deer and plan to do 2 racks of venison! It'll look pretty awesome with our big body Michigan deer. Drooling just thinking of it haha.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
Another good one is Osso Buco rice. Just find any Osso Buco rice recipe for lamb and replace with bone on venison shank. We cook ours in the instant pot. Shank became one of my favorite cuts after discovering it.

Smokedhog

FNG
Same here we live on venison! I recently came across a video of a butcher cutting up his backstraps in the same way you see rack of lamb with the ribs coming off the loin. Actually looks really simple. Just seperate from spine and not from ribs then run a bone saw parrallel to spine and through the ribs. Scrape off extra meat and fat from rib ends and it presents very similar to traditional rack of lamb. I cannot wait for the next deer and plan to do 2 racks of venison! It'll look pretty awesome with our big body Michigan deer. Drooling just thinking of it haha.
I think I've tried everything else listed until this. I cant wait to try this one.

Probably once a week for breakfast on the weekend I throw a pack of burger in a pan, cook it up with salt and pepper (Johnny’s if you want), Crack 4-5 eggs on top, cheese, peppers, whatever else you like with a scramble. When it’s done sour cream and salsa. Pretty easy but honestly one of my favorite ways to cook deer meat.