Getting tired of the same old thing. New venison Recipes

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
We do this in a Disco with roast from the rear hams. Cube up your meat. Cover the meat with water and cook/boil until the water evaporates. Season with garlic powder and salt. Pore in a WARM NOT COLD Dos XX and let it cook down. Serve with corn tortillas, beans, and pico. Do not do this until you are ready to go to bed. You will eat yourself into a coma....

Neumie

FNG
I really enjoy this Philly Recipe. Not my recipe and I’m not from PA so can’t speak to accuracy.
Been top notch with both elk and whitetail. Enjoy

BDRam16

WKR
Italian “beef”:

Season a roast (sirloin, top/bottom round) and brown all sides in a pan. Into the crockpot low and slow with a beef bouillon cube, dry French onion soup package, and a jar of sliced pepperoncinis with the liquid. Add a little water if you need just to dissolve the soup mix. Cook until meat easily shreds. Serve on a deli/French roll with provolone cheese toasted under the broiler.

idcuda

WKR
Thanks for resurrecting this thread - it's a good one and well timed. Just ordered Hank Shaw's book for me and a few of my guys from work. Looking for new stuff to try, especially things to do with ground elk. Tacos, meatloaf, and sloppy joes are great but I need some options.

Deer roast in crock pot sprinkle Aus jus powder and dry ranch dressing mix over roast put a stick of real butter on top put on lid and cook 8 hours on low do not remove the lid during the cooking time, after 8 hours cooking shred the meat and add a can of sliced mushrooms a splash of red wine and about a cup of sour cream let cook some more to warm the mushrooms wine and sour cream, cook some good egg noodles (I use kluski noodles) plate the noodles and cover with the deer. better than stroganoff. Crusty sour dough bread and a cold beer.

I like to butterfly bigger chunks of hind quarter roasts into big slices as little less than 1/4” thick and wrap them around 5 or 6 full length green onions into rolls and hold them together with toothpicks. I’ll cook them kinda slow on the grill or traeger and baste with terryaki sauce towards the end. When it’s done I like to slice them like sushi rolls and serve over rice with some other vegetable. The whole family seems to like them and they’re pretty good cold for lunch the next day too. I’ve been thinking about adding something else with the onion to roll up but haven’t yet.

Apple sausage stuffed loin wrapped in bacon, sausage, grated apple mixed together, marinate the loin in a good apple cider, cut a pocket through the loin stuff with the sausage mix, wrap in thick cut hickory smoked bacon, bake at about 300 degrees and baste the loin during the baking. Do two every Christmas good eating there.

Hall17

FNG
Buy Meat Eaters books or look up the recipes on the website

Venison steaks - #1 Weber Charcoal Grill. Never had a better venison steak than using charcoal but make sure you don't go past 125 internal temp. Sear first then move to indirect heat.

#2 Sliced thin for fajitas

Burger - endless possibilities. Just made a Pizza Pie last night with burger. Can be used for tacos, spaghettis, etc.

Backstrap - same as the steak. Charcoal grill and don't go past 130 internal temp

This year I had twelve 5lb sticks of bologna made and some dry beef. My wife and I eat 3-4 deer a year depending on what I shoot but there are plenty of ways to get creative with it

We really like venison bulgogi over rice, its really good for tough cuts since you slice it thin and marinate it. Im half Korean and its a popular korean bbq dish, our recipe is authentic, from my buddys mom back in korea. Happy to share if anyone wants the recipe!

Attachments

• 20220330_210120.jpg
    20220330_210120.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220330_210633.jpg
    20220330_210633.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 30

idcuda

WKR
We really like venison bulgogi over rice, its really good for tough cuts since you slice it thin and marinate it. Im half Korean and its a popular korean bbq dish, our recipe is authentic, from my buddys mom back in korea. Happy to share if anyone wants the recipe!
I'd love to try that!

ejp5281

FNG
I'd love to see the recipe!

ejp5281

FNG
sous vide in a cooler?

in teresting
Long time for the reply, but I was looking through this thread and saw. I can attest that it's a neat method and it works fairly well when you don't have a dedicated machine. I first heard of this when I got the author's book as a gift, but here is the digital version. This website also has a ton of info if you love to cook and try new things.

Fordguy

WKR
Easy one for your ground venison-. Stuff cooked cannelloni pasta with a mix of cooked ground venison, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and herbs. Top with shredded mozzarella, heat in the oven until the mozzarella is melted and just starting to brown, add marinara over the top and heat for a few more minutes...

I recently made some venison snack sticks with a seasoning kit from PS Seasoning. Best sticks I've ever had. Honey BBQ #685 from them. About 19lbs venison and 6lbs pork. Double ground and mixed then stuffed into 19mm collagen casings. Smoked until 150F internal and let rest. I highly recommend PS Seasoning for anything your looking to make.