Giant Pile of Corn

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I had a malfunction on my boss buck feeder (guessing funnel needs to be tightened) and now there is a 300# pile of corn underneath it.

Is this a problem? It is dry and there is no rain in the forecast for the next 10 days

bossbuck.jpg

Achigan1

Lil-Rokslider
In Texas you'd have a few hundred happy cow and feral hog pictures pretty fast!

OP
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I guess my concern is acidosis, but hopefully with the leafy forage, muscadines, and red acorns starting to fall (this is in Georgia) it will be OK

I guess my concern is acidosis, but hopefully with the leafy forage, muscadines, and red acorns starting to fall (this is in Georgia) it will be OK

I wouldn’t think deer would get acidosis like cows would from eating it all quickly. I may be wrong on this however. As concentrate SELECTORS deer rumens are primed for higher nutrient/energy sources like corn.

Now a cow would be screwed if it ate all that super quick without a healthy dose of ionophores and other basic pH contents in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
I have more then that under our KS feeder, feed plant spilled a bunch! Could maybe get a little molding but I wouldn't worry about it. Hell all our deer are in the milo and not eating it anyway. Waste of money right now for us

Stocker

FNG

Well that’s fine, I farm in Nebraska and have spilt 100’s of bushels of corn in areas and deer pile on them especially in the winter and I have never noticed it having any affect.

I appreciate the snarky response though.

OP
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Well that’s fine, I farm in Nebraska and have spilt 100’s of bushels of corn in areas and deer pile on them especially in the winter and I have never noticed it having any affect.

I appreciate the snarky response though.
Well I have had unprotected sexual encounters with 100s of women and haven't gotten AIDS, so I guess using your logic people dont get AIDS. Pretty ignorant of you.

Again, if you care to get educated, it occurs where there is not large scale agriculture of a given grain and it is then introduced (like in my situation).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Stocker

FNG
Well I have had unprotected sexual encounters with 100s of women and haven't gotten AIDS, so I guess using your logic people dont get AIDS. Pretty ignorant of you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don’t know why you would come in here looking for an answer to a question you already know.... get your shovel and buckets..

Deer will not eat so much they would get a problem. I have had corn I put under a feeder and the deer paw at it and eat little bits but never all of it. If it’s only deer and coons, that pile could stay for a few weeks assuming it stays dry.

Now get some hogs on it and it will be gone in a day or two tops.

Bigger issue for me is why the feeder did this in the first place. I have similar feeders and never have had that happen before, unless I do it.

OP
Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Bigger issue for me is why the feeder did this in the first place. I have similar feeders and never have had that happen before, unless I do it.

Only thing I can figure is the bolts somehow came loose on the funnel, and the funnel dropped all the way down. I am heading back up there next weekend so will hopefully get it straightened out