Giant Pile of Corn

I am not sure that would allow the corn to fall out like that unless the whole funnel was down on the ground. Makes me wonder if something chewed through the funnel...

Stocker

FNG
Deer will not eat so much they would get a problem. I have had corn I put under a feeder and the deer paw at it and eat little bits but never all of it. If it’s only deer and coons, that pile could stay for a few weeks assuming it stays dry.

Now get some hogs on it and it will be gone in a day or two tops.

Bigger issue for me is why the feeder did this in the first place. I have similar feeders and never have had that happen before, unless I do it.

That’s my experience as well, deer are much more self regulated than most domestic animals.

I live on 10 acres that is bordered by a few hundred acres of standing corn on the north and west sides, with another 100+ across the road to the south. As the corn ears mature, deer are literally living in a massive corn enclosure with all they desire to eat at neck height until harvest time. I have seen some pretty hearty deer come out of corn country, but none of them sick because they ate too much. Now feeding corn to deer in the winter to stave off winter kill can have adverse effects because their stomachs are not used to that rich of feed after surviving on browse for a period of time. This time of year, they feed wherever they are and will stop briefly for a corn snack before moving on......likely to return at another time. Agree that coons will be your number one satisfied customer.

I cant wait to see pics of coons at that feeder in a month or so..gonna look like a bunch of furry striped basketballs running around.....

15 Raccoons will be there every night. .. and maybe 1-2 deer once in a while. That's if the deer are comfortable being there. Most will be skeptical... and move on rather quickly.