Gift recommendations for brother graduating AF flight school?

bobr1

WKR
So, my brother is graduating flight school in the Air Force next week, just finished his last check ride yesterday. Anyway I can’t go to his graduation and see him get his wings due to scheduling but wanted to get him something. I know from being in the military as well not to send anything to base so I’m waiting until he goes back home so I can send it there.
Anyways, he doesn’t hunt but he is into knives and stuff. Wasn’t real sure what would be a good gift for the occasion. Ideas?

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Tom cruise was booked for a navy flight school event....

Last edited:
Tom cruise was booked for a navy flight school event....
Lol. I keep picturing how great it'd be for someone to open a CD after you say "man I really am proud of you. I put together a special mix for you like the old days growing up.."
And it's just Loggins over and over

GSPHUNTER

WKR
F 35, You know, only if you can afford it. If that's a little pricey, check out A G Russell knives. I have bought lots from them. Maybe a nice Damascus steel blade knife.

Wags

WKR
Parachute?….

Honestly, he’s your brother, think of something you two share together and go with something meaningful along those lines.

My younger brother mailed me a small gift when I graduated from the Police Academy almost 30 years ago. He was away in the Army airborne at the time and did not have much money, but he sent me a brass Acme Thunderer whistle attached to a paracord of ranger beads (pace counters). I never used the whistle in almost 30 years of Police work, but I carried it in my pants pocket for 16 years in uniform, and 11 as a Detective. And although my brother only spent probably 15 dollars on the gift, it was along with me for my entire career and for that reason has a lot of value to me.

I would suggest something similar, a small knife perhaps with a lanyard. Put an engraving on it with the date of his flight school graduation, or a meaningful quote you both would appreciate. It is still a tool he can place inside his uniform everyday, and it will not weigh much, but hopefully it is something he can also carry for his entire career.

There are a few military pilots on here that might be able to steer you into an item more appropriate for his career, but a daily carry item would probably be a much appreciated gift from a brother….

Get him a nice Benchmade Knife, like a "BugOut" or "300 CLA" and have it engraved for him. The "Bugout" is incredibly light and just a awesome EDC.

Milestone hit on this also. Great idea!

Get him a nice Benchmade Knife, like a "BugOut" or "300 CLA" and have it engraved for him. The "Bugout" is incredibly light and just a awesome EDC.

Milestone hit on this also. Great idea!
This was the first thing that came to my mind too. In the military s I me of my buddies got me an engraved Benchmade knife. It is one of my favorite knives to this day.
What did you end up getting him?

Knives are def great gifts. It if he’s a pilot….. get him a good concealable flask, pilots stay lit

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Get the knife and engrave “Danger Zone” on it….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk