Gila Outfitter for Archery Elk

Hockley

FNG
Looking for a recommendation for a Gila outfitter to get me in the guided pool this year for Archery Elk. Would prefer a spike camp style hunt vs a hunt of a lodge. PM if you'd like! Thanks!

Riplip

WKR
Tom Klumker San Francisco River Outfitters. He hunts 16B in the Gila via horseback. He is as good as they come and knows the unit as good or better than anyone else. I was lucky enough to draw the first year (when there were three seasons) and hired him to do a drop camp. You will have to sign up for fully outfitted hunt with him to get in the outfitter pool, as I don't think he does the drop camp unless you draw on your own.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Carlton Armstrong at SW NM Trophy Outfitters. Greatest guy you will ever meet. Grew up in Quemado and owns the general store/gas station. Knows the 15/12 etc units like the back of his hand. Has tagged many big bulls with his clients.

KHNC

WKR
Never seen more and bigger elk killed by any other outfitter that what is killed by Gila & Apache in Reserve NM. They are an elk killer assassination service! Michael Delao is the owner.

PREZ

FNG
Hunted with Gila and Apache Outfitters last year....Top notch. Michael DeLao is a stand up guy. Trying to get a tag again this year.

SDHNTR

WKR
Gila and Apache is fantastic too. If I had a non wilderness tag, 15 or 16a or D, they’d be my first call. With a 16B tag in the Wilderness, Klumker is your guy.

TX_Diver

WKR
If you want to hunt 16b (and even if you hunt outside that) I'd definitely call Tom Klumker. Awesome camp, stock, food, guides, etc.

Scottyboy

WKR
Perry Hunsaker with Timberline Outiftters treated me well in the gila. While I did use a muzzleloader, Mike Waddell was in the week prior with his bow and shot a 350ish bull. It’s a lodge hunt, but you will/should see a number of animals during your stay

kinneyjo

FNG
Tom klumker specializes in 16B. I diy'd last year but he took the time to give me a few pointers before trying to tackle this unit solo.

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a recommendation for a Gila outfitter to get me in the guided pool this year for Archery Elk. Would prefer a spike camp style hunt vs a hunt of a lodge. PM if you'd like! Thanks!

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PREZ

FNG
Trophyhill….did not kill, but got to full draw a couple of times. Had a good hunt but it got hot everyday and seemed to slow things down.

kinneyjo curious to hear how your hunt went. I drew 16B 2nd season archery for this year. Currently trying to decide between DIY on foot with packer lined up, drop camp & fully guided with Tom at San Fran (talked to him this afternoon). Would you do it differently now that it is over? Or would you still go DIY? Also any packer contacts if you used one would be extremely helpful.

Any info you're willing to share would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!