Gilbert-Baker wma nebraska

Prestjd

FNG
Anyone hunted north of Harrison, NE at Gilbert Baker WMA? I'm looking for a place that's not over run with other hunters if that's even possible in Nebraska. If anyone has any input I'd appreciate it. I have never been to Nebraska and leaving next week to just try out a few isolated places on some land that has few roads. I'm looking to get off the beaten path, not looking for a trophy, just trying to kill ny first mulie. I'm experienced whitetail hunter from SE OK.

KHNC

WKR
Best bet is to offer a landowner out there a trespass fee to hunt during archery.

KHNC

WKR
Lots of riverbottom ground around Valentine. I have only hunted private around there tho. Some great bucks in the area. Call TC Colvin if you are interested in private land hunt. He will probably work a deal for unguided hunt for you. 402 322 0752

NDhunter1

FNG
I've hunted and taken a deer out of there. It's some of the rougher terrain around that area. We didn't have any company once we got .5 mile to .75 mile in. If you are looking for just your first mule deer of any size, I would think you could find it in there. Make sure to get into the rougher stuff. The easier terrain will be a moving pumpkin patch.