GIS Experts- How do I search for parcels by size?

dennis502

FNG
Hoping someone might be able to help me out on a project I'm working on. I'm trying to identify all of the parcels in each state that exceed a certain size. I also need it broken down by county.

To start, I'm focusing on some local counties (in Michigan) to find the best practice for getting this info. For example, how would I best go about getting a list of all of the properties over 100 acres in size for Macomb county, Michigan?

I'm GIS illiterate. I've gone to numerous county GIS web pages but most only allow me to search by parcel owner's name or parcel number.

I assume this will require some sort of a paid service to be most efficient- I just don't know where/how to start.

Each parcel has an area as part of it's polygon attribute table.
It is a simply query, but you need access to a query tool and some counties do not allow the public
access to attribute queries.

mhabiger

FNG
You can try atom data, house canary, black knight financial (subsidary of corelogic) and data tree (subsidary of First American).

You might also see if any of those provides have posted datasets in Google's BigQuery which would let you just pay for the data you query over.

Doing that off a state website might be difficult. If you can download the data you perform the queries in a GIS program. First perform the query to get the parcels by size then do a spatial join to get them by County. Try QGIS as it is open source and free.