Glacier Sock Question

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
So last hunting season I encountered a lot of stream/ small river crossings. At one point I slid 2 trash bags over my boots and held them and walked across a small stream because I didnt want to get my boots soaked. Naturally the sharp rocks quickly poked holes in the bags so they were basically a one use item haha but I did manage to get across with dry feet. Anyway I bought a pair of the Glacier Socks to carry with me but they are ultimately designed to be worn between the liner and shell of those fancy plastic boots. I dont own those kind of boots, I wear a regular pair of Crispi boots. Question is does anyone own these glacier socks also and just use them to slip over their boots to cross real quick or does everyone actually put them inside their boots?. I dont want to tear them first time I try to wear them over my boots. I dont think they will fit inside my boots however.

Ram94

WKR
I’ve researched this fairly extensively as well and there doesn’t seem to be a great solution as of yet. Those glacier socks really only work with plastic boots like you said. The best option seems to be Wiggy Waders however they will likely only last you 1-2 seasons. Last year on a sheep hunt I decided to try out an idea I had come up with. Contractor bags over top of my boots with slip on, rubber bottom boot covers over top. It didn’t work as planned as the current washed the boot covers half off and we still ended up with holes in the bags. Stripping down and a pair of crocs has always worked well, though it does take a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram94

WKR
Would slipping Crocs over the Glacier socks solve the problem?

Yes, but you’d still need to shed your boots, so why not just barefoot it in the crocs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ejs21

FNG
Crossing a knee deep river at the end of October id rather stay as dry as possible!

Ram94

WKR
If it’s only knee deep, gaiters work fine paired with a good waterproof boot. Just move quickly.

ejs21

FNG
If gaiters solved the problem, i wouldn't be looking into Glacier Socks

OP
L

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
I still have not found a solution. I think it will just need to be crocs and rolling my pants up. I hate taking my boots off just for a quick crossing, but such is how the game is played I guess!!

Came across this awhile back, not sure if it’s anything that would work for you but it might get the creative juices flowing

Are you talking about Kenetrek Glacier socks? I bought a couple pair, and they are heavy, but I ended up going with the Kenetrek Alaska socks with the Kenetrek Ultimate Liner socks. Best sock system I have found yet. BUT if you are talking about a different Glacier sock, I can't help- Not familiar with any except the Kenetrek.

edited to correct my post: After watching the video in reply #12, I realized the OP's Glacier socks were not the Kenetrek Glacier socks I had.