Glass bedding

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
So I brought in my Remington 700 to get glass bedded from a professional gunsmith. He was saying that it isn't needed but I figured I might as well because it doesnt cost much... Do you guys think its a waste of money or is it actually worth getting this done?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
If done properly, it can only help, and never hurts.

All of my rifles are fully bedded with Devcon steel putty.

OP
wk93

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
A friend of mine went through this guy and it majorly improved his rifle. I'm excited to get it back and bring it to the range.

FURMAN

WKR
Like Bitterroot said if done correctly it can only help. It almost always improves accuracy but maybe more importantly it all but eliminates poi shifts with changes in weather.

If done properly, it can only help, and never hurts.

All of my rifles are fully bedded with Devcon steel putty.

Exactly... I'm noticing that we have a lot of the same views on a lot of different subjects! :)

If you use Acra-glass or whatever its called from Brownells, make sure you get the stuff that is a putty and not a gel. My first rifle I ever did was the more runny stuff and while it worked, was way harder to handle than the putty version. Most our rifles we do now is with Devcon though.

Mike

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
If you use Acra-glass or whatever its called from Brownells, make sure you get the stuff that is a putty and not a gel.

And then send it back and exchange for Devcon 10110. ;)

Lots of stuff works, but the Devcon putty is just the easiest that I have tried.

BigSurArcher

Banned
Devcon 10110 for sure! My Winchester M70 shot 2" groups with handloads until I bedded it... and this is what it does now with the same loads! The hole with the X was my first 2 shots, then the third was just outside. Rest was on a jacket and nothing else.

photobucket-2229-1325662000835.jpg

OP
wk93

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
Well I got the rifle back today. Going to see how much its improved in a couple weeks once my turrets come in from Leupold.