Glass for my upcoming Elk hunt

Looking for recommendations on glass for my elk hunt in September. I have a set of Leica Trinovid 10x42 BA, but I’m wanting to have a set for a tripod. I know it’s cutting it close but I’ll be going on several hunts this year plus more in the future. I’ve looked extensively at Meopta Meostars, considered Tract Torics and I’ve also considered Swarovski SLC. The old style that is.
Just wondering what people input is. I like the idea of using glass on a tripod or should I just stick with my tried and trues.

Can’t put the leicas on a tripod? I am rolling out with just my 10x42s this year, but will bring a tripod. Will see if I need to add some 15s or a spotter next year, this will be my first time too.

Maclowry

FNG
Good glass on a tripod is nice to have. I did it mainly last year with just my swaro 10x42

Firestone

WKR
Yeah I will agree with a couple of the other guys. Just put your trinovids on a tripod. Me and a buddy compared his to my slc and they are really good I thought. Mine were brighter for sure but his had awesome colors.

For the price I went ahead and bought the Vortex Vulture 15x56 a few years ago for my open country mule deer hunts to try them out and ended up going back to my cheap spotter because of the weight. But the glass is definitely good glass. Wanna buy them from me?

OP
J
Okay sounds like I will stick with the Trinovids. Thanks for the input! Just gotta get a tripod set up now.

Looking for recommendations on glass for my elk hunt in September. I have a set of Leica Trinovid 10x42 BA, but I’m wanting to have a set for a tripod. I know it’s cutting it close but I’ll be going on several hunts this year plus more in the future. I’ve looked extensively at Meopta Meostars, considered Tract Torics and I’ve also considered Swarovski SLC. The old style that is.
Just wondering what people input is. I like the idea of using glass on a tripod or should I just stick with my tried and trues.
What you have are very good, but a bit dated. You can find tripod adapters for those bins (that wrap around one or both barrels) and that would allow you to use what you already have. Otherwise, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, try a pair of Conquest HD's if you can. Good luck.

dtrkyman

WKR
For elk I would definitely stick with those 10s on a pod. Now looking for deer in big country you would want higher powered nocks or a spotter.

OP
J
I’ve got a buddy with some Zeiss Conquests that he would probably let me do some comparisons.

WHI13tan

FNG
For the price I went ahead and bought the Vortex Vulture 15x56 a few years ago for my open country mule deer hunts to try them out and ended up going back to my cheap spotter because of the weight. But the glass is definitely good glass. Wanna buy them from me?

You still have the vulture 15x that you want to get rid of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk