Glassing backrest

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a way that they glass and utilize their gear as a comfortable backrest? Don’t want to have to buy a chair because I don’t think it’s versatile enough. I’m fine on the ground most the time. It’s my back that gets tired when glassing for extended periods.

There are ways to rig a frame pack with rope to anchor points or around your feet to provide back support. I used to do it with my ILBE.

OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
There are ways to rig a frame pack with rope to anchor points or around your feet to provide back support. I used to do it with my ILBE.
If I could figure out a way to do that with my Kifaru, that would be awesome. I’ve tried leaving my pack on but still can’t find that sweet spot.

If I could figure out a way to do that with my Kifaru, that would be awesome. I’ve tried leaving my pack on but still can’t find that sweet spot.
It’s not perfect but it’s better than nothing.

I never played with it much, but trekking poles can be used to support the back as well.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Nothing worse than trying to sit and glass without a backrest. I’ll usually find a rock or tree or depression in the ground. Then again I’m not much of a glasser. It always seems like a great idea until I’ve been doing it for about 5 minutes!