Glassing in Flat Areas

I've got an elk hunt planned (draw but historically 100% draw success) in an area that is VERY flat with little to no elevation changes in the area. I understand that there are still small dips and creek beds throughout the area, but getting a vantage is incredibly tough. There are a handful of trees (maybe 20 across 30 square miles) that I've thought about climbing up and glassing from there, but I also don't want to pack climbing gear four miles deep. Any suggestions on things that have worked?

WCB

WKR
have a good sturdy tripod for standing up and glassing.

Otherwise getting into one of those trees is your best bet. Not sure what kind of trees they are. Pre scout the crap out of the area and figure out a few decent spots before hand to glass?

LaHunter

WKR
If its flat as you say, is it also very open? I would bet that trying to glass effectively while hanging on 15-20 feet up in a tree would be tough, if not close to impossible. I would focus on getting on the edge of a drainage (even if its only a 30-30' difference in elevation) and picking it apart with my glass along with a tripod tall enough for standing like mentioned above. then moving to the next drainage. These drainages will be much larger in reality than they look on Google Earth.

OP
NebraskaHunt
So there's a couple small groups of large trees (7 trees that are 30' tall) across the area. To put some perspective on the flat term, there's roughly only 90' in elevation gain across 7 miles of area.

OK_hunter

FNG
Are there any oil wells in the area? I have climbed the stairs on the tanks before and used that as a glassing point in flat country. Otherwise the trees will work if the wind is not blowing too hard.

OP
NebraskaHunt
Nope. There was a plan to put a couple in, but it was shut down by a couple groups. Great idea but again not an option...

So there's a couple small groups of large trees (7 trees that are 30' tall) across the area. To put some perspective on the flat term, there's roughly only 90' in elevation gain across 7 miles of area.
I've used windmills, water tanks etc in flat areas with some luck, standing in the back of a truck can help a bit too.

Wapiti1

WKR
Take a 14' step ladder. Can be used alone or for better access to a tree.

At worst, you look like you're going to paint something.

Jeremy