Glassing pad

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Heads up. Those Helinox Chair Ones you guys are raving about are on Camofire today for $65.99.

You guys think they would work for turkey hunting?

Trial153

WKR
The chair one is the heavy version. Good for camp but kind of heavy to carting around at 42oz..... The chair zero is about 16oz. just a heads up.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
The chair one is the heavy version. Good for camp but kind of heavy to carting around at 42oz..... The chair zero is about 16oz. just a heads up.

Ah! Good to know. Thanks, Trial153.

boom

WKR
I currently use a zpad. It’s good

Before I used a regular thermorest pad (green and silver one) that I cut into three sections and shared with the group. The cut pad is better. It’s bigger for starters. And in really rocky stuff like AZ I can double it up for more cushioning. It’s great on my camp chair as well. Makes it warmer.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for the Z Rest.

I’m in the east, so don’t do a lot of the stationary glassing that you guys do, but I found one at Goodwill and cut it into three sections for sit pads. It’s super light and I bring it turkey hunting, backpacking, and really any time I may need to sit down in the woods. I also use it as a ground sheet under my hammock to step out on (if it’s not too windy and my boots will hold it down in the night) and under my inflatable pillow when I’m on the ground to give it a little more height.

The Helinox Ground Chair is pretty nice also. The base is kind of low, but the way it's designed it doesn't sink into the ground. Easiest way to get in/out of it is to put your fist on the ground bedside it, and pivot down/in, or up/out.

CgYvoDo.jpg

VCaA08N.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
I also have a few chair zeros. They are nice but I’m not carrying them hunting. I already have enough extra crap to carry hunting

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
cabelas has one for 10 bucks that is great....I have 2 of those for my boys. its back by the sleeping bags. I use one from REI that is only a few ounces and is great. I use to use a butt pad all the time but started killing my back..small chairs are great

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
A buddy of mine just got me a Hunter's Specialties Strut Seat.

I've yet to use it out in the field, but it's comfortable and low to the ground. Not sure if this is something I would take long with me on hikes, but would be great for setting up a stand for some coyotes.

Love the helinox for day trips but have to cut the weight and use a blowup seat for backpacking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cmahoney

WKR
I cut 2 sections from my z-pad. It’s still long enough for me 5’8”, to sleep on my bonsai trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
I cut a piece off of a dual density foam pad.. Fits between my pack/frame. Weighs nothing. Lots left over for other projects..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
My friend uses som knee pad he bought from a garden supply house. He said it was $6. His is green. I went to pick one up, but I only saw bright colors.

CKWY97

FNG
Big fan of my crazy creek chair. Doesn't weigh much, but is kind of an awkward square shape. I just tuck it under the collar of my Reckoning and strap it in and it rides just fine. Really nice for glassing and around camp if you're packing in.

Last edited:
I’m a fan of z seat as well. Turkey hunting this last weekend I could have probably used a seat off the ground just to avoid a couple awkward positions trying to make shots (with a bow). But then again sitting on the ground will force you to stay concealed if you’re like me and don’t carry a blind.