Glassing pad

Jwhitney

FNG
I have hunted all my life but I'm just getting into glassing in the high country. Am I better with a
z-pad, blowup pad, or Ultralight chair for all day glassing

Anozira

WKR
I really like my Outdoorsman glassing pad but I have been considering trying a Helinox type chair.
There are alot of other great opinions in this thread also:

LaHunter

WKR
The terrain that I glass, a blowup pad would last about 22 seconds.
I buy the cheapest / lightest foam pad I can find and cut it to the size that I want.

eamyrick

WKR
I went back and forth between a light chair and kuiu super thin glassing pad for a week in the desert last fall. I much prefer the kuiu pad. Quick to pack up and you can move around and be much quieter.

I wouldn't use inflatable. Those are for park benches.
A good foam one of any kind. Camofire has had a z lite wanna be for cheap. But its about the same included shipping if you dont need anything else.

I only take a chair when I'm hunting a known spot where I plan on sitting all day.
Not sure if kifaru still makes a chair if not Jimmy tarps will. It's a fabric thing where you have to be sitting on it to lean back if that makes since. Your sitting on the ground. You can just lean back.
Never used one.

I have an old Z-Rest sleeping Pad and cut a section out of it - 3 sections. I use it to glass, then fold it in half and use it as a pillow. Think maybe weighs 2 oz. It's orange - so easy to find when I accidentally get up to move to another glassing spot and leave it behind ... which has happened several times...

I have an old Z-Rest sleeping Pad and cut a section out of it - 3 sections. I use it to glass, then fold it in half and use it as a pillow. Think maybe weighs 2 oz. It's orange - so easy to find when I accidentally get up to move to another glassing spot and leave it behind ... which has happened several times...

Double as a pillow. So simple never would of thought of it.