Glassing Podcast

JakeSCH

WKR
I just wanted to throw this in the optic forum. @Mark at EXO The Hunt Backcountry Podcast recently had an episode all about glass (ep 293).

In this podcast, his guest described proper technique on how to hold a bino. Hands in front of bins, only on top (not wrapped around), with thumbs pointing back.

I decided to take my RF's out for a walk and test it out. It was a complete game changer, I can't believe how much extra stability that added...Anyways, I have no clue how I have been hunting for 15 years and never come across this. Figured I would share with others as well.

Jet4

FNG
I just wanted to throw this in the optic forum. @Mark at EXO The Hunt Backcountry Podcast recently had an episode all about glass (ep 293).

In this podcast, his guest described proper technique on how to hold a bino. Hands in front of bins, only on top (not wrapped around), with thumbs pointing back.

I decided to take my RF's out for a walk and test it out. It was a complete game changer, I can't believe how much extra stability that added...Anyways, I have no clue how I have been hunting for 15 years and never come across this. Figured I would share with others as well.
Good stuff !

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Following up. I always struggled hand holding 10x power binos...but after listening to this podcast I decided to buy a pair of NL Pures 12x to test out. Between that method and the FRP I hold them as steady as I use to hold my 9x binos on a good day.