Glock 10mm questions

I live/hunt in some of the thickest griz country in the lower 48, and spend in excess of 50 days a year in the field, so it makes sense for me to have a purpose built gun.

Glock 40 (10mm) with KKM compensated barrel. Inforce APL Light, apex trigger, truglo tritium sights, tungsten guide rod. Gunfighters Inc Kenai chest holster. I use the 220 gr buffalo bore hardcasts.

A significant number of bear encounters/attacks happen at night, thus the light/tritium sights. I can say from experience there is nothing like being able to light up a hillside at 100 yards on a packout with meat or camp when you bump a bear.

The recoil is like shooting a wimpy 9mm load. KKM is doing some neat things.
d3a79a4d6ef1a6bd022f4d7d95bf7fe3.jpg
2dd2da9f2ae9c1f01a2eb804f23e6be5.jpg
6f4ad0b4fd4e6c10342034a2b7674800.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
I live/hunt in some of the thickest griz country in the lower 48, and spend in excess of 50 days a year in the field, so it makes sense for me to have a purpose built gun.

Glock 40 (10mm) with KKM compensated barrel. Inforce APL Light, apex trigger, truglo tritium sights, tungsten guide rod. Gunfighters Inc Kenai chest holster. I use the 220 gr buffalo bore hardcasts.

A significant number of bear encounters/attacks happen at night, thus the light/tritium sights. I can say from experience there is nothing like being able to light up a hillside at 100 yards on a packout with meat or camp when you bump a bear.

The recoil is like shooting a wimpy 9mm load. KKM is doing some neat things.
d3a79a4d6ef1a6bd022f4d7d95bf7fe3.jpg
2dd2da9f2ae9c1f01a2eb804f23e6be5.jpg
6f4ad0b4fd4e6c10342034a2b7674800.jpg

Just out of curiosity. If you are carrying your gun this way what do you do with your binoculars?

Wrench

WKR
I have a few 10mm's and all I can say is anyone who can crank out two mags of 200's at 1300fps is one tough dude.

I killed a bear with mine at uber close range and since then I actually carry a g23 more often. My shot recovery time with hot 10's is much higher than just some hot 40 stuff.

For the record my g20 has been through most mods over the years and I settled on polished stock internals (too light of trigger is prone to fail to reset) kkm barrel, slightly stiffer recoil spring (too much will over run the mag spring). I really like the Dawson precision adjustable sights.

Just out of curiosity. If you are carrying your gun this way what do you do with your binoculars?
I carry them two ways depending on the situation: either in a padded molle compatible belt pouch (I run a kifaru pack/frame), or I run an AGC Kiss bino harness right over the top of the gun. If adjusted properly, I still have acess to draw the gun and it's actaully pretty comfortable.

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
I carry them two ways depending on the situation: either in a padded molle compatible belt pouch (I run a kifaru pack/frame), or I run an AGC Kiss bino harness right over the top of the gun. If adjusted properly, I still have acess to draw the gun and it's actaully pretty comfortable.

Thanks

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I’ve found that with the mused holsters, wearing my AGC bono harness over the top of the gun isn’t a big deal, you end up with lots of shoulder straps which is sort of weird but the only other option is to put my pistol on the hip belt of my backpack then I don’t have it if I take the backpack off.

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
That’s my problem. I want it on my pack and then to be able to transfer when the pack is off. Drop leg holsters suck(at least the one I currently use) and a holster under the hip belt of the pack would not be comfortable. I wanted the Aliengear shape shift to transfer from pack to hip or drop leg but the only 10mm they make it for is the G29 and I’m not sure if that is the route to go. Would prefer the Springfield xdm. Might try the aliengear drop leg or a soft hip holster and holster and unholster as needed.

Hyphen

FNG
That’s my problem. I want it on my pack and then to be able to transfer when the pack is off. Drop leg holsters suck(at least the one I currently use) and a holster under the hip belt of the pack would not be comfortable. I wanted the Aliengear shape shift to transfer from pack to hip or drop leg but the only 10mm they make it for is the G29 and I’m not sure if that is the route to go. Would prefer the Springfield xdm. Might try the aliengear drop leg or a soft hip holster and holster and unholster as needed.
The new Kydex G20 holster attachment to the FHF bino pack is pricey but solves these issues beautifully.