Glock 19 + Hard Cast Experiences

FreeRange

WKR
Just picked up a G19 Gen4 that will sometimes be for my wife to carry in the woods. We live and camp in grizzly country all year but realistically it's as much for protection against 2 legged predators and cats, we have 3 little kids and we see more cats than griz anyways. I run Buffalo Bore in my 10mm XDM and like it.

Wondering if anyone has specific experience with hard cast factory ammo with a bone stock G19, how many rounds you've put through and if there were any issues. I haven't turned up much specific info using the search function here and if the internet is to believed a stock G19 may have issues with some hard cast rounds.

Beendare

WKR
Ive shot 50 rds of hardcast in my G19 gen 5 (stock except for sights and $.25 trigger job) no problems...but I go with my Shield 9mm in Blackie country so I have more through that- no hiccups.

FWIW, I have over 700 rds of Underwood 200gr hard cast through my G20 stock barrel-zero malfunctions. I did over 300 in one session checking every box for leading and right about at that 250-300 mark it was discoloring but no deposits in the barrel. No overpressure signs on those cartridges.

The Glock stance is, “ no lead bullets” but these HC are not true lead bullets but a high brinell amalgam. Many are lubed.

I then shot some FMJ in it and it cleared it up....and cleaned it when I got home shooting HC on a few more draw and shoot steel plate sessions- not one hiccup.

Now in regards to G19, I have had family- nieces and my sis in law gets FTF’s with my 19. They arent gripping the gun tight...limp wristing. It takes a lot...but a couple of those are tiny gals with small hands.

My take, The Glock barrels are great and proven to be as accurate as anything out there in independent tests....no reason to rebarrel But probably a good idea to clean it every so often😉

The aftermarket barrels are typically tighter chambers....good for overpressure...but the way the Glock engineers described it to me....the tighter chamber can cause feeding and FTF conditions....not what you want in a SHTF situation.

Hope that helps.
In other words....the Glock engineers knew what they were doing, They told me they get calls daily of guys changing barrels and springs...and they have problems.