Glock 20 belt Holster Question

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
I am asking for input related to carrying my Glock 20 on my pack belt. I have a Kifaru pack system and would like attach the holster on the pack belt via the molle loops. Looking more for a kydex straight drop holster without a forward cant. Im not looking for a chest rig, I have carried a pistol too long on my belt to try and change now. Your input would be appreciated.

Rob5589

WKR
I use a Safariland ALS for mine with a paddle. Goes on and off the hip belt as needed. It came with some optional attachments to run in various configurations although not sure molle was one of them.

You can get Molle plates for any tree hole pattern holster. That ALS above is A good option for retention. I have one I like from comp Tac as well.

MattB

WKR
Look no further than JM Custome Kydex. They make a holster that attaches really nicely to the molle webbing on Kifaru hip belts. I believe I needed to email them to get the right order instructions for them to produce it to my requirement.

My only complaint in general with that carry style is you need to be careful when taking off the pack and putting it on the ground as the rear sight and even the ejector can get dirt/debris in them.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know if you're interested in this concept but I run my Glock 20 on a sub drop panel on my right leg. Doesn't sit super low like a normal drop leg but just enough to sit below my pack belt. This way it goes with me everywhere regardless of if I drop my pack and its not that much in the way. I have it in a kydex holster custom for a Glock 20 with a red dot and surefire x300. Even attached my fix blade sheath to it so I can run both without interfering with my pack. I can send a photo later if you want.

OP
R

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate all the input so far, please keep the recommendations coming. I can see there are a lot of options. As I look through them I see that I need the ability to adjust the height of the holster, and the holster needs to be a straight drop without a forward rake.

Transfers from pack belt to waistband in 2 seconds...ideal if you must drop your pack for final stalk.

Last edited:

jaytaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I‘m not familiar with the Kifaru pack system, but it sounds like the Exo Mountain K3 system I use. The belt padding is inside the web belt, and you can slide the pancake in between the two. I use the Hogue ARS Stage 1 holster. It’s polymer and doesn’t have a can’t (I think maybe you can can’t it if you want to, but I haven’t). I like the polymer because I don’t worry about it getting wet in the rain. No strap across the top, but their own retention system which is triggered by pushing a button that is under your thumb when you grasp the gun. I find it very intuitive and the retention works great so far (only 2 backwoods trips so far). Hope this helps

Just a thought, but how often are you going to want to put your pack down but still have your boomer on your person?

jaytaylor

Lil-Rokslider
What I find is that if I put my pack down, it's within reach of where I'm sitting. If it's not on my back then I'm getting into it for some reason. The only time that's not true is if I move off into the woods for a "break". In that case I just bring the gun with me.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
I am asking for input related to carrying my Glock 20 on my pack belt. I have a Kifaru pack system and would like attach the holster on the pack belt via the molle loops. Looking more for a kydex straight drop holster without a forward cant. Im not looking for a chest rig, I have carried a pistol too long on my belt to try and change now. Your input would be appreciated.
Safariland QLS fork, I use a drop paddle with the receiver plate on my pack then keep another one loose in my pack for when my pack comes off and that goes on my belt, easy detachment of the whole holster, the holster has the fork end. Also have the receiver plate on my SxS so pistol can go into that as well.

wannajeep

FNG
I run an Amazon no name holster on my g20 attached to the belt on an exo pack. Works flawless! Not to mention inexpensive for the holster.

Fatcamp

WKR
I just ordered a Gcode setup for belt and pack.

I spend all kinds of time away from my pack and am tired of wearing IWB.