Glock 20 Holster Comfortable w/ Backpack

treillw

WKR
What is the best way to carry a Glock 20 on your pants belt while wearing a backpack hipbelt?

I've read a lot of these threads, seen lots of different ideas, and tried lots myself. Pretty sure I want to stick to the good old fashioned gun on the pants belt though. I have a S&W 500 that I have carried around for hundreds of miles on my belt. The holster drops down away from the belt to give the backpack hip belt a little room to sneak above the gun (see pic below). It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but by the end of the hunting season, I can't even feel that I'm wearing it. I'm really glad Sitka includes suspenders with their timberline pants - work great for helping to hold this 4.5 pound beast up!

That being said, sometimes I would like to cut some weight and I want to get a Glock 20 for this application. I am essentially carrying a rifle on my hip with the 500. The ability to add a weapon light to the G20 is a big plus as well. Both have pros and cons. Anyway... what would be a good setup for carrying the G20 in a similar fashion? Something to offset the holster or to drop it down out of the way of the hipbelt.

I have been considering the Gunfighters INC Ronin with their Micro Aggression Thigh Panel. Part of me is worried that the leg strap will saw my leg off after a bunch of miles, but the salesmen at GFI assured me that it is comfortable and that the leg strap doesn't need to be too tight. I'm just wondering if you guys have any thoughts on this, or know of something better.

https://www.amazon.com/GunfightersINC-Micro-Aggression-Thigh-Panel/dp/B01L0I2EPE

I do have one of their chest holsters for another gun. I'm not incredibly thrilled with it. It squeaks like crazy, rubs the daylights out of my neck with the shoulder strap, and restricts my breathing if I have it too tight. That pressure point on your chest isn't the most comfortable thing after about two days either.

I appreciate any advice! Thanks!

20200601_195853.jpg

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
This might not be bad:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I use a Fobus paddle holster. With my day pack the waist belt hooks and stays behind the G20 with no issues. When I'm using my Stone Glacier I just put it on that waist belt a little further forward than my hip. Been using that setup since 2011 without any issues.

I’m a huge fan of the Blackhawk “Special Operations” holster. It’s a nylon holster that doesn’t really interfere with a waist strap on a pack at all. It’s a drop leg holster, but not really, because it barely hangs down your leg.

I responded to your other thread So won’t repeat.
that drop thingy on the holster you posted above is the answer IMO. Bladetech, Blackhawk and safariland make them. They have a “universal” bolt pattern that allows you to atttach a lot of different kydex holsters and they drop down below the hip belt.

I tend to prefer the $20 safariland version but the others work as well.

I borrowed one from @Brendan here a couple years ago and it was excellent on the hip I’m not sure the make or model maybe he can fill you in. Then I got the gunfighters Ronin for last years trip and I didn’t care for it I was constantly adjusting it just never felt right.

Brendan

WKR
I borrowed one from @Brendan here a couple years ago and it was excellent on the hip I’m not sure the make or model maybe he can fill you in. Then I got the gunfighters Ronin for last years trip and I didn’t care for it I was constantly adjusting it just never felt right.

If I'm remembering the right one - Mine is JC Custom Kydex with the Plastic Loops to mount to the Molle on the Kifaru (or other) waist belt.