Glock 20 Night Sights

blackdawg

WKR
Seems like most of my bear encounters are at night around camp, what is a simple tried and true setup for the 10mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trijicon HD or Ameriglo bold with Orange tip allows for easy sight picture during day and the are easy to see at least light or night. I have both and the bold are a little cheaper. Can’t say on is better than the other

Or

Both are out of stock online but they have them at the store local to me.

I'd say a weapon mounted light with a fiber optic front sight. All pistol calibers are marginal killers compared to rifle rounds, so I want a light to be sure I'm putting bullets where it counts. Handheld lights are great but most people aren't good at shooting rapidly one-handed, especially with full power 10mm.

I've moved away from tritium sights on all my pistols because they offer no advantage over a fiber optic front sight with a blacked out rear in all lighting conditions I'll pull the trigger in.

Oh and the correct answer you're looking for is actually a red dot

Fatcamp

WKR
Factory installed. WML is best but there are solid options for using a handheld flashlight and keeping both hands on the pistol. Tritium sights are tough, dependable, and work without a flashlight. Red dot is totally unnecessary if you can shoot your pistol.

The most important thing is practice. Not the shooting so much as the whole system you put together.

And as always, this is just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

Tod osier

WKR
Seems like most of my bear encounters are at night around camp, what is a simple tried and true setup for the 10mm?

I have Trijicon HDs for my glocks and I have them on a G20, the comments you see about the rear of the sight digging in and being overly aggressive are well founded. There are times when it gives me trouble. The G20 is a fairly large handgun already and adding a sharp angle to the back may not be the best thing. To do it again, I'd look more carefully at other options, but I like having the same sight. They are great sights and I think you could consider them a gold standard, which is why I have them.

OP
B

blackdawg

WKR
I have the WML already, I will check out some of these options. I have to shoot the 10mm with 2 hands if the bullets are going to be near the target over 5ft away !

Just layering in here that I like the outlined night sights mentioned above as well. Strong preference for orange vs green or yellow outline. The Green/yellow outline (behind the tritium dot) can get washed out in the woods or against grass and other vegetation.

If you have a WML night sights are unnecessary. The light generally washes out the tritium and you'll see a mostly black sight picture. That's why I recommend a fiber front so it'll pick up the light from your WML.

Red dots allow for more fast/accurate shooting with a target focus. There's still a big resistance to them currently, just like when red dots became more popular with carbines.

Beendare

WKR
I'd say a weapon mounted light with a fiber optic front sight.
agreed^

Don’t you want to see what you are shooting at?

IMO, Night sights aren’t really a good solution in almost every case. Even When I don’t have a weapon light I have my headlamp on at night so I can easily see my sights and the target

Wrench

WKR
I have Dawson precision on mine. To do it over I would pass on the tritium rear sight and go straight black.

Fatcamp

WKR
In defensive circles a WML is a bullet magnet if left on hence the reason for night sights. Obviously different with bears. I have practiced extensively with tritium, fiber optic, handheld, and WML in the dark. Any of them can work but actual practice is most important.

Honestly, I don't go to grizzly country. Carry all day every day in the woods. Right now my carry pistol has factory Glock sights. 😁 Not my only gun though.

Tower

FNG
I have XS DXT2 Big Dot sights on my G29. Went with the orange and really like how it pops in the daylight and lowlight. The orange glows for a bit after the lights go out, after that it's somewhat of a faint circle but the Tritium inserts glow like normal.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I have always used Trijicon Bright and Tough night sights on my handguns.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have trijicon HDs on mine, heck I have them on all of my handguns. Other sights are just poor imitations of the trijicon ones.

Shraggs

WKR
I also like the xs dot, but went small. I just shoot those faster stacking the daisy. They do glow, but pistol at night is a challenge regardless.

if I’m in back country I sleep with my headlamp on my head. I just prefer it over bulk of weapon mounted and not being able to use holsters of my liking.

lastly, I have a laser max laser which has been a real surprise accuracy wise.