Glock 20 pressure signs?

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a gen 4 Glock 20 back in February as a general purpose woods carry gun. So far I've only ran factory loadings through it and nothing that would be considered super hot (hottest so far is thr sig ball load, 180gr @1250 fps). I generally keep defensive guns mostly stock and this one is no exception.

Currently configured with ameriglo hackathorns, a TLR1 HL, and a lone wolf stainless guide rod. I swapped the guide rod because the first couple of outings it seemed like slide velocity was very fast, spit out brass a good 20 feet to the right. Through looking around online it seemed like the 20 could benefit from a stiffer than factory recoil spring.

Swapped out the spring for a 20lb spring from lone wolf. Doesn't seem to chabge much with ejected cases still going pretty far. Got to looking at spent casings and it looks as if there is a lot of striker drag as well as some smearing on the primers. Pictured below is a fairly good representation of what most cases look like after firing (180gr CCI blazer), from a pretty middle of the road factory loading.

Makes me a little concerned to run some of the actually hot loads through it. Should I step up in recoil spring weight? Swap back to stock and leave it alone? Is this just par for the course with the 20?
37bc0e984a6668c219ac84d6fb582659.jpg
b0cf4f1ebfb5f7384eef610d6014f098.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
They look ok to me. The primers strikes look like the ones my G20 produce. Glocks dont have round firing pins. I dont see any other signs of pressure from what I can see. The primers are still very round and I am guessing there is no bulges.

Remove the barrel. Take an empty, fired case and drop it into the chamber. As long as it falls in and seats correctly/supported, you’re good! Good luck!