Glock 20

Just picked up a Glock 20 for a woods gun. What holster do you all recommend?

do I make a good choice with this handgun?

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
I polished the connector (google glock 25 cent trigger job), run it stock otherwise. If you’re going to shoot a regular diet of hardcast, take a look at a KKM barrel. My stock barrel shoots it just fine, but I usually run XTPs. Very versatile pistol.

OP
F
I kind of like how that kkm silver barrel looks haha

I heard 40 sw shouldn’t be shot through it??

How do you guys with chest rigs wear a bino harness? Underneath the holster?

I'd say most wear their binos over the holster. My binos (kuiu harness) didn't get in the way of my draw from a kenai when doing it this way.

That said, I don't understand the draw to the chest rigs. I found my G40 in a Kenai to be somewhat uncomfortable and I'm not fond of the muzzle constantly pointing at my gut or people to my left.

Beendare

WKR
How about upgrades like to the barrel
If you search Grizzly bear backup and associated topics...this has been talked about. a lot.

Personally, I left mine stock except for a $.25 trigger job and new sights. More than 1000rds. of various ammo including lots of Underwood 200gr hard cast ammo in mine- no malfunctions.

Some guys hate Glocks, I think its because the triggers take some effort to master. [its a defensive handgun not a bullseye pistol ] ........they do take some practice to learn to shoot them well...but once you can shoot a Glock well....you can shoot anything.

______

Good choice, I love mine. I run mine stock except for the previously mentioned cheap trigger job. I ordered a JC Custom Kydex holster for mine that rides on the hip belt of my pack, zero issues.

Santa

FNG
Love my G20. Crazy versatility. Drop in a pyramid trigger w/ reduced weight spring from the glockstore and never look back. The blackhawk cqc is smooth, solid, & reasonably priced for waist carry. For a hunting rig, the Razco holster works well as a chest holster w/ a bino harness. It’s designed for use w/ the FHF harness, but I adapted my Kuiu harness (thanks to lessons learned here on the forum) and it works great.

Sell33

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for a Hill People Gear Kit. That’s what I carry my XD10 in. You can get one of their recon kits and add their molle Bino pouch to it also. I plan to do that before hunting season.

Reactions: CCH