Glock 20

Just got a new 20sf,i just want a dependable gun for woods protection while hiking,hunting and fishing and hunting deer,hogs etc.I dont plan to run a bunch of mods unless absolutely needed.
Would like to pretty much run the same ammo for all game except target ammo.
Any must do upgrades or mods ?
I would like better sights/optics .
I have amerglo bolds on my 43x and they are awesome.
Do you think running a rmr or a streamlight tlr8 would be a advantage for my use or just go with new sights for simplicity.

Gorp2007

WKR
I wouldn't say any must-do mods, but like everything else, it can be more fun to make it your own.

An aftermarket barrel if you're looking to shoot lead, one that fully supports the case if you're looking to reload and want to avoid the Glock smile. Hardcast isn't a huge deal for stock barrels, but if you're reloading softer lead you may want the peace of mind.

For protection I think a light is important so you can see what you're shooting at. For hunting, just be aware of your local game laws since most places still take a pretty dim view of spotlighting deer (hogs are usually no rules, just right), so you may want a light that's relatively easy on/easy off.

twrob18

FNG
I upgraded my barrel to a Lone Wolf barrel. It shoots everything pretty well, including the Buffalo Bore 220 gr hardcast. I also put a stiffer recoil spring in mine. I've never had any problems with reliability with reloads or various factory ammo. The only thing I've killed with it is a steer that needed to be put down. The Buffalo Bore 220s had no problem penetrating his skull.

As far as a light goes I run the Olight PL-Mini and for sights I have the XS big dot.

Run my 10mm stock it’s a gen 4. You will be fine. Leigh defense makes a sold bullet that was tested by @mcseal2 in the stock configuration. He has a good thread to read too.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I plan on throwing a vortex venom on my g20, faster and more precise aim. If you want the shoot the 220 grain hard cast, I think a stiffer recoil spring would be a good idea. I think a light just adds more weight and is not needed.