Glock 22

Pwells10

WKR
Anyone carry one? As a cw and for hunts?

Local police department upgraded to the glock 45 so they had a bunch thrown to my dealer. Snagged it up and 3 mags for $350. Hopefully it was a good deal. I have smaller hands and this felt good in my palm

Looked at the slide and there is hardly any holster wear and the barrel looked good.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I’d buy one at that price. Carried one as a duty weapon for years. No complaints.
He has a TON! He's got the 48, a lot of 19s, 22, 27, and I think a 43x. If you'd like, pm me and I can get you his shop info

Great guns. I moved away from 40 cal years ago. I think it was an interesting idea 30 years ago but the 9mm Defensive ammo Has made the performance gap less relevant and 9mm is just cheaper to shoot. If I carried for duty and someone else paid for ammo I might think differently. Regardless, the 22 is a heck of a gun And that is a great price.

EcoastDG

FNG
I carried one on duty until we switched to 9mm. The only issue I ever had was that my G22 liked to malfunction when a tac light was attached.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
Thanks guys. I'm almost curious if I go buy the g19 at that price as well.

Thanks guys. I'm almost curious if I go buy the g19 at that price as well.

If I owned 1 handgun it would be a glock 19. Great balance of shootability with the size that can be concealed. For true concealment duty the newer crop of micro 9mms are arguably a better choice.

Last edited:

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
I shot 40 in Glocks for years with the 22, 35 and 27. I've since transferred over to 9mm, but kept the 27 for backwoods carry. It's compact and the extra energy of the .40 with the right hard cast ammo is better on paper for 4 legged problems.

I use Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman, 200grn hard cast with low flash so you don't go completely blind if you use it in darker conditions. If you're more worried about 2 legged problems, any quality hollow point will do.

I own a gen 3 22 and it is a great handgun. Personally I feel a .40 is a compromise caliber and I’d want either a 9mm or 10mm based on my needs from the gun. I own all three calibers but the .40 will rarely leave the safe anymore. Just when I want to remember how a Glock or .40 feels to shoot. A little big for concealed carry depending on your comfort level. Though I CC a similar size pistol. But I think it is a great size for hunts (if you mean for people and predator protection and not as a hunting weapon). Still, if I didn’t own a 22 already and the right deal came my way I’d buy it. One of the all time most popular duty handguns ever. And it is fun to shoot different calibers.

The G22 was my first duty weapon too, and I carried it for years. I HATED it though. Like, hated it. The muzzle flip was so bad, and to me, the .40 is like the worst mix of 9 and 45.
I could be totally wrong here but I thought I read the gen3 22 was built on the 9mm frame, slide and used the 9mm recoil spring making the muzzle flip bad. And I thought that was corrected on the gen4 by increasing slide weight and adding a heavier recoil spring. I was looking around the web a little today but could not confirm this.

I could be totally wrong here but I thought I read the gen3 22 was built on the 9mm frame, slide and used the 9mm recoil spring making the muzzle flip bad. And I thought that was corrected on the gen4 by increasing slide weight and adding a heavier recoil spring. I was looking around the web a little today but could not confirm this.

You’re probably right. I had the gen 3 and that’s exactly what it was: a 9mm with a bigger bore. I can’t speak for the gen 4. We switched to the G21 when we went gen 4.