Glock 29 - Trigger Kits I should checkout?

TheGDog

WKR
Which Trigger kit would you recommend for somebody who likes the short-throw of a 1911 and in-general likes a very light trigger pull usually?

Flyrodr

FNG
I think Apex Tactical makes the best after market triggers, but I'd not go too light and too short on the trigger pull for a pistol with no manual safety. You don't want something approaching a 1911 carried with the thumb safety off. The Apex triggers are a good compromise. That said, and I'm not sure if the G29 is available in Gen 5, but many of the Gen 5 triggers are good to go.

Not sure what your intended use is. A Ghost connector is an easy way to lighten the trigger pull and with a few minutes you can polish a few surfaces on the intervals and have a pretty slick trigger by glock standards. That is how my “woods” g20 is set up.

in 30 years of shooting glocks I would say the ones that don’t go boom are the ones that have been modified the most.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
This G29's trigger is.... "acceptable". But... I figure with a trigger more in line with what I like it should improve the success on longer shots like 25yds+ out. Someday I want to try to take a deer with it. And for me, I've noticed I really do much much better on my rifles when the trigger weight is way down low!

For handguns I only had a Revolver all these years until fairly recently when I decided to get into hunting. So I'm used to firing them cocked in SA for accuracy. Never really bothered with shooting DA. Never had the need.

So with this smaller gun just wanting to tweak its trigger to be lighter with also possibly less throw to it.

Do you guys have pictures or a video link to describe those parts and their surfaces to polish which could help this issue?

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
I think Apex Tactical makes the best after market triggers, but I'd not go too light and too short on the trigger pull for a pistol with no manual safety. You don't want something approaching a 1911 carried with the thumb safety off. The Apex triggers are a good compromise. That said, and I'm not sure if the G29 is available in Gen 5, but many of the Gen 5 triggers are good to go.
While I understand that concern, to make sure no unintended discharge, seems like a non-issue since when in the field the thing is always in the Razco holster until it's needed.

You can easily do both of these with a little mechanical knowledge And a couple of punches. the trigger connector is a 2 minute swap And is the best bang for buck mod for a glock. The polish job is a 30 minute thing and can smooth the trigger out a bit more.

if you are using this for bear or personal defense, I am not sure I would do much more Other than night sights, a light And a decent holster.

having seen some folks try (including some $$$$ USPSA glock open guns) it’s hard to turn them into really precise shooters and you will compromise reliability along the way.

WyoHuntr

FNG
I use an SSVI Tyr trigger (which uses a bit different leverage for a better pull), polish the trigger bar, and a Lantac Super Short Reset connector.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Appreciate the info guys! Figure one of these weekends, try to do the hand polishing thing first.

I have a Trijicon Night-Sight kit for it. The front sight blade looks ridiculously simple.

Is it even worth it to try to just drift-out the rear sight and drift-in the new one? With like the Nylon mallet? OR.. is it actually worth it to buy one of those rear-site tools they have where you turn a screw and it pushes in the rear sight into the dovetail?

I have a light for it... (O-Light Mini-Valkyrie) but I got the light after ordering the Razco. So the Kydex isn't molded for there to be a light on it. I'll wait a bit before popping for another holster solution. Was looking at that Hill People Gear - Original Full. But not sure how I feel about needing to fuss with a zippered compartment. Looked like it was easy enough to bring the weapon to bear if you pre-stage the zippers a certain way, as demo'd by the owner of the company in their vid. BUT.. his method takes two hands. One to grasp the zipper lanyards and pull outward and downward, and then the other hand to dive in and grab. And I don't think I'd want that in a SHTF scenario of a pissed off animal in front of me.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
Glock minus connector and a good polishing of internals are all my Glocks get. Stock reliability for a defensive pistol.

Stock sights come out pretty easy but trijicons can be a bear to install with a punch. Highly recommend the MGW sight tool.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Glock minus connector and a good polishing of internals are all my Glocks get. Stock reliability for a defensive pistol.

Stock sights come out pretty easy but trijicons can be a bear to install with a punch. Highly recommend the MGW sight tool.
What does "Glock minus connector" mean? Sorry for my unfamiliarity with the terminology.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
What does "Glock minus connector" mean? Sorry for my unfamiliarity with the terminology.
It's an oem connector that gives about a pound lighter trigger pull than a standard connector. With that connector and polishing your pull should be ~4lbs.

Wrench

WKR
That's where I end up as well.

I lightened the trigger on my g20 to the point that it would double or even triple when shooting 200gr at 1300. It was induced so much bad form that I had to go back to the drawing board. My 20 is much bigger and heavier. I would crap my pants shooting a compact version with legitimate 10mm loads. 40 velocity stuff, no problem....but true 10mm packs the pop.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Ok... sounds like the connector and then some hand polishing is the safest route to go then for some modest improvements. Thank you everyone!