Glock 40 light

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to possibly add a light to my Glock 40 gen 4 MOS. Looking at sure fire or streamlight. Anyone have one they like on a 40 or another of the larger Glocks. Just looking for model suggestions. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use an older streamlight tlr1 hl 630 lumen. The new hl model appears to be 1000 lumen but my 630 will wake the dead. It is bright and the strobe feature hurts

Weston

Lil-Rokslider
I have both surefires and stream lights I use on my work guns. I much prefer the stream light TLR1-HLs they’re a bit shorther than the X300 Ultras, but the switch mechanism is favorable also which is the big reason I like them more, both are fantastic and throw light not only much further than you will be able to shoot accurately but enough to comfortably see anything that goes bump.

I moved my 2 300 ultras onto rifles and the three Glocks I regularly carry 19,34 and 17 all have TLR 1 HLs on them. I have some smaller lights also but still use the TLR 1 HL on my 19 which I now typically carry concealed in plain clothes both at work and off duty because I’m a firm believer in always carrying a light on a pistol.

I have a few pistol lights I run for my carry and antisocial guns. I don’t think you can go wrong with either surefire or stream light.

I am a longtime surefire fan And own several models. I used an xc1 on my Glock 20 for bear defense. It is a bit more compact but less light than a x300. It has 300 lumens and doesn’t stick out past the barrel on my g20 (not an Issue on the g40). The xc1 runs on AAA batteries instead of 123s, not as much of an advantage as you might think because you will want to use lithium AAA to avoid the chance of a leak In cold climates. The x300 is 1000 lumens these days. That is a lot of light. Not a bad thing if something goes bump in the night but it is going to illuminate quite a bit further than you are probably going to shoot and it will burn up your battery quicker. It also isn’t great if you want the weapon light to double as a hand held light (removed from the gun) in case your primary light goes down. 1000 lumen hand heads have their place but they suck inside a tent when you are looking for your socks.

I have less experience with the TLR1 but mine has been a fine performer. I know plenty of LEO professionals that run them on their duty guns Without issue. Performance is on par or close to surefire and they are far less expensive. A surefire x300 or xc1 is $300. A tlr1 is less than half that And I wouldn’t say the surefire is 2x better.

OP
Phil4

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a Streamlight TLR 7 on my Glock every day, and have for almost 2 years. It’s a single c123 battery, 500 lumens and isn’t wider than the frame of the pistol. I prefer the new switches to the Surefire x300 switches.