Glock model 44

This looks interesting. A .22lr Glock with a 4.02” barrel and about a pound with a fully loaded ten round magazine. It might make a good grouse getter.

I saw them too. Looks interesting, I wonder if they are going to make one with a threaded barrel. It would be a good one to keep in a backpack while in the wilds.

Skyewalker

Lil-Rokslider
I saw them too. Looks interesting, I wonder if they are going to make one with a threaded barrel. It would be a good one to keep in a backpack while in the wilds.

Threaded barrels are getting released the same time as the gun. They will have metric threads with a 1/2x28 adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
I saw distributors had them available for pre-order at $359. I’ll buy one at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Just what we needed, another cheap 22 that looks like the real thing. Sort of like those Walter p22s or sit Sauer mosquito pistols.

I like a good grouse gun as much as the next guy but I’ll stick with my lcr-x.

rob86jeep

WKR
It looks like it was designed as a training aid/gun and not a gun to carry in the woods (although you could). Due to it being the same size/dimensions as the Glock 19 (a very popular carry gun), you can train with it and maybe even use the same holsters you carry your 19 with. Might not be a great gun for the backpacker community, but I bet it sells pretty good for the tactical/training market.

tpcollins

Lil-Rokslider
My wife wants something to keep in her dresser drawer whenever I’m away. As small as she is, my 9mm and .380 might recoil a bit too much for her.

She handle the Glock G44 .22 caliber last night and really liked it. It’s lightweight and I believe it will serve the purpose.

wyosteve

WKR
I had one for like 2 weeks. It was the most unreliable pistol I’ve ever had, no question. I was blown away that it was a Glock.

Interesting- mine has been flawless. Did you follow the instructions in the owners manual for cleaning and lubricating before shooting and how to load the magazine? I've also only used CCI ammo to this point.

Interesting- mine has been flawless. Did you follow the instructions in the owners manual for cleaning and lubricating before shooting and how to load the magazine? I've also only used CCI ammo to this point.

Yes, I’ve been shooting and carrying Glocks my entire 10-year LE career. I’m very familiar with their system. The problems I had were with ammunition. It would fire CCI 40 grain loads reliably, and that’s it. Even those would stop functioning well after 200 rounds or so without a cleaning.

My Kel Tec PMR 30 put the G44 to shame in the reliability department. That’s saying a lot.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Why would anybody buy one of these over a 22/45 or 22/45 lite?

Or Buckmark, S&W Vic, this is what I can't get over. Between updates and new introductions, the inexpensive 10 rd .22 pistol market has gotten very, very good in the last five-ish years.

If they had something to differentiate themselves like a larger capacity, subcompact size, baked-in MRD mounting, etc, I could see it, but as it stands they've created a marginally-featured .22 whose redeeming quality is that it's a size-equivalent trainer for the G19. That strikes me as a really small, specific slice of the pie to chase.

Neat idea and about time glock got around to this. No first hand experience with the 44 but I have had the M&P 22lr for a while. Same concept and I imagine similar execution. My M&P is a little picky about ammo and inherent accuracy is on par with a 9mm service gun but not as good as my ruger mark 3/4, which shoot any kind of 22lr just fine. My actual favorite 22lr pistol is a 10-shot S&W 617.

Bottom line is I bet the 44 will do a decent job of mimicking glock ergonomics and function which will make it a valuable training tool for glock shooters looking for cheap practice. Unless they come up with some magic, I presume it will have the same ammo sensitivity as my M&P, so you will get plenty of practice clearing malfunctions. As far as a basic 22 side arm for hunting or plinking, I am betting it won’t dethrone the current lead offerings from ruger and others.