Glock model 44

CiK01

WKR
Interesting- mine has been flawless. Did you follow the instructions in the owners manual for cleaning and lubricating before shooting and how to load the magazine? I've also only used CCI ammo to this point.

In the video I posted, CCI ammo was some of the most reliable tested. I have always used it myself. The other ammo had a ton of issues.

CiK01

WKR
Neat idea and about time glock got around to this. No first hand experience with the 44 but I have had the M&P 22lr for a while. Same concept and I imagine similar execution. My M&P is a little picky about ammo and inherent accuracy is on par with a 9mm service gun but not as good as my ruger mark 3/4, which shoot any kind of 22lr just fine. My actual favorite 22lr pistol is a 10-shot S&W 617.

Bottom line is I bet the 44 will do a decent job of mimicking glock ergonomics and function which will make it a valuable training tool for glock shooters looking for cheap practice. Unless they come up with some magic, I presume it will have the same ammo sensitivity as my M&P, so you will get plenty of practice clearing malfunctions. As far as a basic 22 side arm for hunting or plinking, I am betting it won’t dethrone the current lead offerings from ruger and others.

That is why I have my Walther PPQ 22.....cheaper trigger time than my 9mm PPQ. With all guns, you have to find ammo it likes. Higher than normal failures on the G44 all over the internet right now.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
My wife loves hers and I’m kinda jealous of it:) No issues either (federal 40grain) she bought it in July this year, maybe they got the bugs worked out?