Glock Mods - Yes or No?

howl

WKR
Kinda misses the point of a Glock. Just buy one of the any that have improved upon it if that's what you want.

Glock shooter here.....I'm no expert, but I shoot Glocks a lot....I put over 3 cases of Ammo through mine this summer.

MY TAKE; It depends on your intended use.

If its a self defense pistol...modding the trigger parts can work against you. For example, removing the "Take-up" or installing a very light trigger in a self defense weapon is not advisable by all expert sources. I do the 25 cent trigger job on my Glocks and call it good.

If you want to shoot in the various pistol competitions....changing some parts puts you in a whole different class.

If its just a range gun- mod away. Worth noting- the only Glocks I've seen malfunction are modded....or from limp wristing [I take my daughter and nieces shooting and numero uno is GRIP the gun!]

The guys that can shoot these Glocks will tell you your best course of action is to run a case of ammo through it stock....essentially, learn how to shoot it. Its not the arrow, its the Indian. A lot of first time shooters have a hard time being accurate with Glocks due to poor fundamentals. Yeah, the trigger on a Glock is tougher than the trigger on a 1911. The 1911 will hide some fundamental mistakes making those pistols more accurate for a guy that doesn't shoot all that much.

Why do many professionals- Navy Seals, Special Forces guys-etc love Glocks? Because they always go Bang....and they have learned how to shoot a handgun.

The best instruction I've seen on shooting a pistol is Rob Lathums,
Aiming is Useless

Now I'm just picking, but hasn't Leatham won a few competitions with XD's?

Esse quam videri

mcseal2

WKR
My G20 has a KKM 6” barrel, 22lb recoil spring, and +10% mag springs. I did all that trying to make it reliably feed hardcast. It still didn’t until the gunsmith did a trigger polishing. The trigger job was probably all it ever needed, but I didn’t know that at the time. It dropped the trigger pull to 5lbs and its now very reliable with the springs and barrel. Also added night sights and a TLR-1 light. I have Razco holsters to fit the gun and light. It fed everything except hardcast fine before including underwood extreme penetrator ammo.

Mudflap621

Lil-Rokslider
Stock glocks tend to run I’ve seen some modded beyond repair. To each their own and depends on its purpose. Most mine run all factory internals with talon grips and ameriglo sights. I trust Them.

Shraggs

WKR
I might as well be bringing up Trumps impeachment with this thread topic.....

What are your thoughts on modding a glock? What mods (if any) do you like? How do they work for you?

Any horror stories?

Mods include but not limited to: slide cuts, trigger, stippling, cocking serrations, grip reductions, etc

Trigger connector, won’t effect reliability.

Any sight that floats your boat.

Laser max laxer on large frame glocks is nice and still run any holster you like.

Lots love aftermarket barrels, I’m running g20 gen 3 with stock barrel and spring and have not had one failure to feed after 300 rounds of BB and Underwood hard cast. Plus a few hundred Fmj.

Glock shooter here.....I'm no expert, but I shoot Glocks a lot....I put over 3 cases of Ammo through mine this summer.

MY TAKE; It depends on your intended use.

If its a self defense pistol...modding the trigger parts can work against you. For example, removing the "Take-up" or installing a very light trigger in a self defense weapon is not advisable by all expert sources. I do the 25 cent trigger job on my Glocks and call it good.

If you want to shoot in the various pistol competitions....changing some parts puts you in a whole different class.

If its just a range gun- mod away. Worth noting- the only Glocks I've seen malfunction are modded....or from limp wristing [I take my daughter and nieces shooting and numero uno is GRIP the gun!]

The guys that can shoot these Glocks will tell you your best course of action is to run a case of ammo through it stock....essentially, learn how to shoot it. Its not the arrow, its the Indian. A lot of first time shooters have a hard time being accurate with Glocks due to poor fundamentals. Yeah, the trigger on a Glock is tougher than the trigger on a 1911. The 1911 will hide some fundamental mistakes making those pistols more accurate for a guy that doesn't shoot all that much.

Why do many professionals- Navy Seals, Special Forces guys-etc love Glocks? Because they always go Bang....and they have learned how to shoot a handgun.

The best instruction I've seen on shooting a pistol is Rob Lathums,
Aiming is Useless

what is the 25 cent mod to the trigger?

Mt Al

WKR
I don't shoot my 10mm Glock much, just a few boxes a year to keep familiar. Main reason I own it is for bear protection during archery season in grizzly country. If I were to ever use it it would need to fire off a whole magazine/clip as I'm filling my pants. Given that use reliability is key so it's bone stock and the ammo is factory stuff.

To each their own, but I don't put the focus on the most raging, blazing, shape charge massive round. I haven't looked at the % difference in stopping/killing power between what I take out of the box vs. a reload. It might be a ton. I just like knowing that the pistol will most likely work and hopefully a few of the rounds will hit their mark if something were to happen.