Glock sight tool rental?

I purchased a set of Trijicon HDxr night sights for my 20sf. All the local gunsmiths are 3-6 week lead time for installation. Do any of you know where I can rent a Glock specific sight pusher? I'm not real big into handguns and don't really want to purchase one for a one time use. What do you think?

OP
D
I'm ok with a mallet/ delrin punch on a standard sight, but I'd be hesitant to hammer on sights with Tritium vials inside.
I’ve seen guys on YouTube use mallets with success. Watch a few and you might decide to give it a whirl.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I'm ok with a mallet/ delrin punch on a standard sight, but I'd be hesitant to hammer on sights with Tritium vials inside.

Interesting thought. Wouldn’t the recoil of the gun over and over be similar to light tapping on the sight bracket? The videos I saw they were tapping very lightly. Not sure, but you might have a point?

rob86jeep

WKR
Go to any gun shop that sells Glocks and the guy behind the counter can install them in a few minutes although it may cost you a few bucks.

Or, if you ever plan on getting another Glock or swapping sights again, it's cheap to just buy the Glock sight pusher (generic ones are fine as I don't think Glock actually makes one although I could be wrong).

Last edited:
OP
D
No, the punch impacting on the side of the sight housing where the vials are housed would be very different than recoil imo. I'd rather not try even though a handful of people have done it successfully
Interesting thought. Wouldn’t the recoil of the gun over and over be similar to light tapping on the sight bracket? The videos I saw they were tapping very lightly. Not sure, but you might have a point?

The rear sight is easy to do with a plastic punch. The front sight is the pain. Takes a thinwall socket I think in the 5/16" size I believe.

This should work for both. Didn't check shipping but under $5 each for a nylon punch and the socket tool.

Ucsdryder

WKR
With your feedback maybe post in the classifieds. If you offered to pay shipping both ways, I bet someone would let you borrow one.

OP
D
gunshops are slammed busy right now and most are by appointment only for purchasing. Chain sporting good stores in my area don't install sights....
I don't plan on purchasing any other Glocks, and only have this one because high cap 10mm choices are slim.
Go to any gunshot that sells Glocks and the guy behind the counter can install them in a few minutes although it may cost you a few bucks.

Or, if you ever plan on getting another Glock or swapping sights again, it's cheap to just buy the Glock sight pusher (generic ones are fine as I don't think Glock actually makes one although I could be wrong).

OP
D
thats generous of you. How about I prepay you the full purchase cost of your pusher and shipping costs both ways. I borrow it from you, do my sights, & ship it back to you. Keep $50 for your troubles?

Ratbeetle

WKR
thats generous of you. How about I prepay you the full purchase cost of your pusher and shipping costs both ways. I borrow it from you, do my sights, & ship it back to you. Keep $50 for your troubles?

If that was directed to me, all of that isn't necessary. My experience is that most on this site are good people.

Had the site tool for quite a while anyway, don't even remember what I paid for it! Just cover shipping and you can borrow it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.