Glock vs Springfield Armory XDM

Beendare

WKR
I just wanted to thank everybody for their insights, thoughts, and opinions on this topic. As luck would have it, all my saved money for the gun will now be going to a new furnace rather than my toy. Oh the joys of home ownership. Anyway, guess I’ll be carrying my XD40 with Buffalo Bore one more year. Here’s to hoping it will keep me out of a pickle. Thanks again everybody!!

It happens. I would recommend running a few boxes of that BB ammo through your XD for function check. Some pistols can tolerate the higher pressure ammo and function flawlessly [HK] some cannot.

I’ve been using/carrying a Glock 19 since the mid 90’s and I’ve never turned back. I could probably rant about Glock perfection enough to annoy Lenny Magill, but I will say they aren’t for everyone. My wife recently became interested in shooting and against my advice she decided to choose a gun based on how it looks and the small size. So, she went with a Glock 43. Absolutely hated it, so we traded it in for a model 26 just a few days later. Still wasn't super happy with it, and it was near impossible to get her to the range because she just didn’t enjoy shooting it. She gave up on shooting and it basically became another one of my pistols.

Finally, years later, she became interested in shooting again and we traded in the 26 for a Springfield XDe, a SA/DA single stack 9mm. She absolutely loves it and she shoots it incredibly well. It was really exciting for me to see her get so excited over a gun, and to be very proficient with it. No surprise that someone would like the feel of a nice single action trigger, but she likes the sights much more than the field goal shaped sights that come stock on glocks, but having a manual safety/de-cocker is a plus in her mind as well. For me though, I’m perfectly satisfied with Glock and I won’t be changing brands anytime soon. Both are excellent choices. One thing I love about the XD’s is the incredible range of options. I know this is an old thread, which did you end up going with?

Attachments

• 63BA2131-0FB9-4D28-A9D9-EAEFE6720E05.jpeg
    63BA2131-0FB9-4D28-A9D9-EAEFE6720E05.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 29

kcomst

FNG
Here's a real live and recent 10mm story. This user happened to have a XDM and it saved his life.