Glock VS. Springfield XDM in 10mm?

I chose the Xdm BECAUSE of the grip safety. In a chest rig, you're flagging your arms and others pretty regularly. Wanted the extra piece of mind. The non adjustable sights on Glock were a deal breaker. I will actively hunt with mine so I require the gun shoot to the sights. Ergos were way better on the Springfield as well.fullsizeoutput_239a.jpeg

Final zero. Two "cold bore" at 25.....very accurate and consistent to this day. First shot out of the rig at steel at 20...30....50....it's always DC. Settled on 180 XTPs over 13.9 AA#9

IMG_4766.JPG

Beendare

WKR
I saw reports of the 220gr hard casts Tumbling from different sources....Hicock45 has a vid on it....so I went with the Underwood 200gr hardcast in the stock barrel. As I said earlier, 700rds and mine functions perfectly all stock.

FWIW, the KKM barrels have tighter chambers. I asked Glock about this....and you can too, their tech guys are good.

They said they don't want their chambers that tight as it can create feeding problems. They use a happy medium......opting for a pistol that works EVERY TIME with no FTF's. Mine doesn't show signs of overpressure with the 200gr hard cast or any of the factory ammo I've run through it.

Now if you overload these 10mm's....your own bullet and load....you have to look for signs of overpressure with the Glock barrels....just as you would developing any load. If you are adamant about shooting a monster load in your 10mm...the tradeoff of the higher chamber might be worth it...but realize you might possibly get some malfunctions.

______

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Awesome thanks... Yes the KKM barrels seem great... Factory spring?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes I stick with the stock spring, I've never had the need to change, I guess if I only shot the hot ammo I'd change it but now that I know the guns function fine with that ammo, I dont really shoot it anymore so everything I shoot at the range is like sig or blazer aluminum 180g ammo, no need for a different spring.

Rytanfos

FNG
Ok here's some comparison pics if it's helpful.

My sum up:

in hand ergos = XDM
shooting control-ability = Glock (feels like it handles recoil better I think due to lower bore axis)
after market = glock (but no issues getting holsters etc with the XDM)
disassembly = tie
heavy bullets = XDM (handles 220s factory, glock seems to handle 200s ok factory)
hardcast = XDM (tho keeping a clean barrel I have had 0 issues with hardcasts with the glock)
Trigger = glock - to be fair I have an after market spring, but even factory, I am not a big fan of the XDM trigger... it was much mushier

If you have newish to handguns or NOT a known glock guy - I would say XDM
If you have other glocks and know you can shoot them - I would say glock

my .02

Good comparison. I would have said glock but you have me second guessing my initial feelings. You summed it up well with your last two sentences. It really comes down to the individual here.

Spoonbill

WKR
I know this is a curveball, but Sig makes a p220 in 10mm. Right now it looks like it is just the Legion line but they have made them in a few different configurations. Of course this may be more than you want to spend but it is worth looking at.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
I have looked into the sig, just want a lighter weight gun for backpacking.

Good comparison. I would have said glock but you have me second guessing my initial feelings. You summed it up well with your last two sentences. It really comes down to the individual here.

For sure... I'm an admitted Glock guy... Really is best to try and shoot both. I just picked up an FN 509 too so I guess I'm just branching out these days lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael54

WKR
The issue with the palm safety is, in the heat of the moment, are you going to have a good grip or may your hand be cocked to one side or too low. I’m sure if you shoot it enough, it won’t be much of an issue, but if you’re not well versed with that gun, you may not get that safety pressed down enough to fire, as where a Glocks trigger safety is almost impossible to not hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have the gun in a position in your hand to where you cant deploy the safety in a Springfield you really have no business trying to pull the trigger

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
I called the old shop, they looking for a Glock 20 in the slim frame or the xd, first come first serve for me I think!

Not much available, and it is hard to pony up full price when I normally buy guns at dealer cost!

I called the old shop, they looking for a Glock 20 in the slim frame or the xd, first come first serve for me I think!

Not much available, and it is hard to pony up full price when I normally buy guns at dealer cost!
where you at? I've seen a couple glock 20s this week in some local stores (NW MT)