Gloves

BluMtn

WKR
For those days I have two pair of gloves. Cabelas Pinnacle gloves and Stika Stormfront gloves. I have worn both of these down to -15 and my hands were comfortable.

*zap*

WKR
Outdoor research:
Modular gloves, arete gloves or mutant mittens depending on the application. The modular and mutants have liners but I wear Gorilla grips under the liners and the arete's came without liners so I also wear Gorilla grips under those.
The modular and mutants are very warm not matter what the temps are. The arete's are also warm but not as much as the other two….

For me, it’s the Kuiu Northstars. I’ve put them through hell and back. Warm, waterproof, and have leather for grip. I’ve taken apart animals with them in sub freezing temperatures. They are always with me during rifle seasons.

RBHunter

WKR
I go to my sitka WS mountain gloves. Have kept my hands warm whyll still giving me the dexterity. I do believe the WS works well in them.

slowelk

WKR
I like to save money, so with that in mind, it's hard to beat the pigskin Kinco mittens. I treat them with snoseal and they keep me warm and dry. On the rare occasion I add a liner like the sitka traverse. I also use them skiing. They are $24.99 at Murdoch's.

Poser

WKR
I like to save money, so with that in mind, it's hard to beat the pigskin Kinco mittens. I treat them with snoseal and they keep me warm and dry. On the rare occasion I add a liner like the sitka traverse. I also use them skiing. They are $24.99 at Murdoch's.

I picked up a pair of Kinkos for snowboarding this year and I’ll say that there is definitely a reason that they are the gloves of choice of hardcore skiers and riders.

OP
B

BlackEd6

FNG
thanks for the info. I need to find what works for me. I don't like a lot of material around my fingers. Just more research to do.

*zap*

WKR
I have found the only way to keep my hands warm and have finger dexterity in very cold is with warm gloves that have a liner which allows dexterity. E-Z on off for the outer is key and idiot cords can be very useful.

Outdoor research high camp mits, had em In below zero wind chills glassing and hiking, they have a separate liner mitt also. Got them at Sierra trading Post for like 45$ their waterproof and have a leather palm.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I have some sort of liner glove I think, not sure of the brand. They are not waterproof but pretty good for wind. Then I have a really good pair of fingerless wool gloves. With the liners being breathable this combo works well for most situations. I also have a pair of OR mits that are warm and waterproof that I can out over both. Between the 3, I’m always good no matter the conditions. And my fingertips get cold and painful fast due to poor circulation. Also none of these are right on my fingers, this helps as well. They are not to loose either, I can still do stuff and shoot, without the mitts.

Phaseolus

WKR
Another vote for Outdoor Research Mitts. https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/en/mens/mens-gloves/revel-shell-mitts/p/2432520189009 The waterproof shell is something that goes with me on all hunts, early season or late. because they are a waterproof shell I choose what goes under them based on the season. For archery I’ll have a pair of wool Kuiu ultra marino 210 gloves, they have great dexterity with the rubber dots on the fingers and palms. If it gets wet I just put the OR shell on over them. Later seasons I have warmer gloves to put under them and for backcountry winter ski trips I have felt mittens. A pair of chemical glove warmers makes them good in any condition I run into. The shell will flatten out to a very thin layer for being stashed in the pack without taking up much space and they weigh about 4oz.

Camber__

FNG
Try Truck Gloves...for the price I think it's hard to go wrong. I had their M2's out on a dog sledding trip recently and was very happy. They just upgraded the model too.

tlkaetz

WKR
I have found the Outdoor Research cold weather gloves/mitts to be awesome.
Are referring to the OR ALTI MITTS? I've been thinking about giving these a try. My hands get cold pretty easily. The Sitka Stormfront Gloves just aren't keeping my hands warm like I had hoped they would.

*zap*

WKR
I have the mutant mitts for mittens and the arete glove and modular glove. Mutant/modular are designed for military and arete is a mountaineering glove. If I could only have one for very cold it would be the mutant mitten with liner.