Gloves

C Bow

WKR
I need a new pair of waterproof gloves for my sheep hunt. I would appreciate any advice or recommendations

Napperm4

WKR
Kuiu, Axis for warmer weather, Yukon pro for colder weather.

Both have kept me warm and dry in rain, sleet and snow. I wear my axis for ice fishing gloves.

mlgc20

WKR
I have the Kuiu Yukon Pros. They are outstanding. Only thing is the velcro closure. If you are someone who takes their gloves off a lot, then you may want to look at the Kuiu Expedition glove. Basically the same thing as the Yukon Pro, but with a more flexible cuff that is easier to take off.

Napperm4

WKR
I have the Kuiu Yukon Pros. They are outstanding. Only thing is the velcro closure. If you are someone who takes their gloves off a lot, then you may want to look at the Kuiu Expedition glove. Basically the same thing as the Yukon Pro, but with a more flexible cuff that is easier to take off.

The expedition are a lot heavier insulation over the Yukon pro. Great if you have cold hands, not so great if you shoot a rifle with a tight trigger guard.

The Yukon pros I can wear and still get in the small trigger guard I have on a custom tikka. The expedition gloves I have to take off.

KineKilla

WKR
Any thoughts on the Super Down Glomitt vs. NorthStar Glomitt? My hands get very cold easily and the glomitt's seem to be recommended.

npm352

WKR
I have had a hard time with "waterproof" gloves not being waterproof, so I have settled on wool army surplus. They keep my hands warm, even when wet on winter lion hunts.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just keep a pair of waterproof shell mittens in the top pocket of my pack or in a jacket pocket then wear whatever sort of gloves I want to keep my hands warm when it’s not raining.

TButtars

FNG
I run a pair of klim gtx. They do not leak!! but they won’t match your favorite Camo pattern haha

The Kuiu glommits are good, but not waterproof, at least i haven’t tried them in that kind of weather.
I bought a pair of black axis gloves as liners and glommits to go over top. Unfortunately I never really had to try the set This past season. I would alternate multiple set ups through the season and take on and off a lot due to the phone use. I found the axis gloves didn’t transfer my finger heat to the phone, so that was a bummer. But still like the gloves.

I like the Axis too, for spot & stalk I manage to keep my temp up through exertion and my hands are not cold even in cold weather...but I'm also using trekking poles so that may be a factor.

tjennings3

Lil-Rokslider
@Michiganhunter
For some reason I have never thought of using a stylus. Having it in th harness would be clutch...
That is such a great idea that will make my time in the field much more enjoyable.
I have been using military surplus wool liners inside leather work gloves (treated) - a great combo, that have served well - protect and are warm, but are a pain to remove to check phone or Inreach.
Thanks for the tip, one I should have thought of...

@Michiganhunter
For some reason I have never thought of using a stylus. Having it in th harness would be clutch...
That is such a great idea that will make my time in the field much more enjoyable.
I have been using military surplus wool liners inside leather work gloves (treated) - a great combo, that have served well - protect and are warm, but are a pain to remove to check phone or Inreach.
Thanks for the tip, one I should have thought of...
No problem. Usually at the checkout at wallmart you can get like a 3 pack super cheap. They do fall apart after a while. Also a lot of places that give pens away have the stylus on one end. It’s totally a game changer for sure.