glue for Black Eagle Carnivore arrows

Just got a dozen Black Eagle Carnivore arrows and will be gluing in inserts and bushings. Their website recommends no hot melt, but I was hoping to try the blue glue (low temp) hot melt for the inserts. Anyone have experience good or bad doing so with these arrows or other Black Eagle arrows? What about the bushings? Any reason to not use the same blue glue for that? My buddies just use super glue but not sure I want to go that route unless I'd have to.

I don't glue my bushings, if they aren't tight use a plastic grocery bag (unless in Colorado or maybe California) and push the bushing thru the bag into the shaft. I use blue hot melt on my inserts. Clean them really well, I use a bore brush on them a little, then acetone on a q-tip. Don't get the insert very hot, just enough to melt the glue. I have been using heavy inserts too, more surface area for the glue. I have had maybe two pull out with broadheads, if I push the arrow back into the hole it came out of I can push the insert/broadhead out the back of the target and retrieve everything and reglue. I also unscrew a broadhead if it is sticking out the back.

Once I'm certain what I'm shooting for a hunting shaft I'll either epoxy or super glue the insert in. All my hunting arrows this year I just ran with hot melt. My target arrows are always got melt.

My conclusion is that hot melt will work for the most part, but the best thing is a super glue/epoxied.

I do use it with BE arrows.

OP
WhatToHunt
I don't glue my bushings, if they aren't tight use a plastic grocery bag (unless in Colorado or maybe California) and push the bushing thru the bag into the shaft. I use blue hot melt on my inserts. Clean them really well, I use a bore brush on them a little, then acetone on a q-tip. Don't get the insert very hot, just enough to melt the glue. I have been using heavy inserts too, more surface area for the glue. I have had maybe two pull out with broadheads, if I push the arrow back into the hole it came out of I can push the insert/broadhead out the back of the target and retrieve everything and reglue. I also unscrew a broadhead if it is sticking out the back.

Once I'm certain what I'm shooting for a hunting shaft I'll either epoxy or super glue the insert in. All my hunting arrows this year I just ran with hot melt. My target arrows are always got melt.

My conclusion is that hot melt will work for the most part, but the best thing is a super glue/epoxied.

I do use it with BE arrows.
Thanks much! I appreciate your advice.

OP
WhatToHunt
In carnivores I'm running the top hat stainless steel inserts, lots of surface area on them and stout.
Thanks. I have some 50 grain Carbon Express inserts and BE 75 grain screw in weights. I used similar last year in my Easton ACCs but 50 grain weights instead in that setup. Hoping to use that 50 + 75 arrangement (because I have them) but will see how they fit before I glue everything in. Should get me a similar finished arrow, just got down to my last ACCs and wanted to try the BEs. And well, tinkering is fun too. Ha!

Every arrow manufacturer I've come across gives a CYA warning against using hot melt with carbon shafts. Use a low temp glue and don't apply heat directly to the carbon (heat the component instead), and you'll be fine.

OP
WhatToHunt
Every arrow manufacturer I've come across gives a CYA warning against using hot melt with carbon shafts. Use a low temp glue and don't apply heat directly to the carbon (heat the component instead), and you'll be fine.
Thanks! My suspicion was it was a CYA thing and this helps reaffirm that.