Gmu 18 air taxi

mitschkeb

FNG
Can't wait to get back to Alaska on another moose hunt.
Trying to find other options then the big name outfits for bush flights. Seems there are very few that work that area. Anybody have a name of smaller operation.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
M

mitschkeb

FNG
Renfro's and PapaBear out of Bethel.
Thanks Larry Both good options from what I have heard. But I'm looking more for pilots that fly by the hour instead of package deals . I have the locations and gear already hard to pay 8-12k for 8 hrs flight time at the max.

I've been digging into it from every angle and it seems to just come down to a limited number of guys servicing the area and demand exceeds the reliable options. I've come up with some ideas but nothing that's not going to give you a 50/50 chance of becoming a cautionary tail.

OP
M

mitschkeb

FNG
I've been digging into it from every angle and it seems to just come down to a limited number of guys servicing the area and demand exceeds the reliable options. I've come up with some ideas but nothing that's not going to give you a 50/50 chance of becoming a cautionary tail.
I have been doing the same since September, everybody points back to a handful of outfits. There has to be more out there who would the locals use surely there not paying that. If you don't mind me asking what unreliable options have you found you can pm me.

miloak

FNG
What do you mean by "locals?" Local to GMU 18 or do you mean Alaska residents?

miloak

FNG
Locals in GMU are not likely hiring any air taxis. They hunt from boat or snowmachine. There are some people in every village that have their own planes or friends with planes, but that is very, very much the minority and doesn't help you anyway.

Go to the State of Alaska Division of Occupational licensing and you can find a list of all licensed big game transporters.