GMU 26A Caribou Bone In or Out Regulations

I did some poking around and can’t seem to find any specific documents pertaining to laws in taking a caribou out of the field (back to the village we fly in from) with meat on or off the bone. Does anyone know if it is ok/legal to debone in the field and just bring meat back? Or do we have to leave front and rear quarters on the bone all the way through getting back to the village?

OP
V
Almost! For some reason they don’t mention GMU 26 in there. Unless I’m missing something?
If anyone has used Brooks Range Aviation as a transporter and has any insight that would be greatly appreciated. Just wondering if I can get a head start on deboning in the field when we get near the end of the hunt or if I have to wait to do all that when we get back to their hangar.

Antares

WKR
If your unit isn’t on that list you don’t need to leave meat bone-in. That’s how I read that. For example, Unit 10 has caribou hunting (Adak) and it’s not on that list. Call the local ADF&G or AWT office if you want an answer you can take to the bank.

JColony

FNG
If your unit isn’t on that list you don’t need to leave meat bone-in. That’s how I read that. For example, Unit 10 has caribou hunting (Adak) and it’s not on that list. Call the local ADF&G or AWT office if you want an answer you can take to the bank.
Correct, these restrictions only apply to the units listed, all other units are your choice if you bone out or leave bone in.

OP
V
Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. My other lingering questions for the trip in regards to when (knock on wood) a caribou goes down- do you have a guess as to how much salt I may need to adequately take care of a full hide. It’s a ten day hunt. I’m guessing if something is shot near the latter part of the hunt no salt would be fine with proper fleshing and drying in the field, but I am a little concerned about if one goes down day 1 or 2.

bowuntr

WKR
I wouldn't salt a cape/hide in the field unless it is completely fleshed and turned... you could cause more damage than good. If you're not capable of this task, fold it skin to skin, roll it up, put it in a game bag and keep it in the coolest place possible. Ed F