GMU 47 next weekend

Tyler_son

FNG
Hey guys, long time lurker here, first post. Anyways a friend and I are heading to 47 next weekend to try to post an elk in the binos. Crosshairs would be better but we will start with binos. Anyways were planning to camp out of my 14' trailer. We are bringing a sxs along even though we will be hunting wilderness if the mountain roads get greasy it would be easier in the sxs. Anyways looking at the maps makes my head spin as to where to start. I know they have some snow there now and dont know exactly where that pushes the elk to make it worse. We only have 5 days of hunting but it will be 5 days well spent away from work no matter the outcome. Does anyone have tips as to where to park the trailer? Looks like the campgrounds close in September but are they still open without any service like water and electric? Any other tips about the unit as to where to start? We know it's going to be a bear to get around but are up for it unless there would be time better spent in another unit. It will be my first hunt and my buddy's 1st time hunting Colorado. This site is full of great info and a great group of hunters.

Jmyers375

FNG
I’m planning on 47 this backpack applying for mule deer tag and getting elk otc how did the hunt go?

I'm wondering about 47 OTC myself. I'm reading conflicting information. I'll have to do a little more research... should be in the regulations. 2021 brochure is 80 pages in length.