Gmu 82 co should I get a bear tag

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
Good day all , well the New Mexico draw was a bust witch I figured was going to happen . I’ve been doing lots of research since February on gmu 82 and I’m going to be hunting it . I’ll be packing in 3-4 days at a time then coming back to the truck to restock my pack and go back in or move to a different area . How is the bear population now that a tag is only a 100$ should I get one are there a a lot of bears also need to know as far as setting up camp etc . Also what about mountain lions are they heavily populated in this area . I plan on reaching out 2 guides in the are and talking to them about this and packing meat out as well . Just thought I’d ask on here and see if any of the guys that hunt this unit can offer me any insight . Thanks and hope every one has a great elk season this year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
So I had asked if the mountain lion population was booming in gmu 82 co does any one know

cnelk

WKR
The best way NOT to see a bear is to have a tag.

I hunt elk in mtn lion country and Ive never seen one during season

OP
Brett8133

Brett8133

Lil-Rokslider
The best way NOT to see a bear is to have a tag.

I hunt elk in mtn lion country and Ive never seen one during season

I agree I’ll buy a tag and not see one lol I just figured if they was a good bear population and one of the 3 of us kill a elk I could go back and sit on the carcass and hunt around it for a few days . I’ve seen several bears going back in and hunting a area close to a kill sight and now that tags are cheep I figure it’s worth getting one .