gnargali bag

a quick question about this bag for those who have it or have seen it in person..... i am curious if there is xpac under that back cordura panel? i'm hesitant to get one if that whole back panel is just cordura and water can come through, but if it's full xpac and a cordura reinforcement, i'm for sure getting that bag, thanks

OP
roosiebull
alright, thanks guys.... i was hoping, oh well. i will still probably get that bag, because it won't absorb as much water... wish they had full xpack options, not sure if the muskeg is full xpac? looks like they are phasing them out anyways

looks like the search for a medium muskeg begins....

OP
roosiebull
Yup I called them and Muskeg is no longer being made.
yeah, that's a bummer, but it obviously wasn't a hot seller at this point... i'm pretty sure i'll survive, haha..... i will run one down or get the gnargali anyways. the xpac is kind of dual purpose for me.... to keep the rain out (to an extent of course) and it's nice it doesn't double in weight when it gets wet...

the other thing i like about xpack is not worrying about using the load shelf, putting meat in the bag, and that stuff cleans up really well. in a perfect world, a seek outside Lanner bag with my duplex lite frame would be the perfect blacktail pack, and pack when i take friends and family rifle elk hunting.

they still have the small muskeg in stock, but i imagine i would have to bone out elk quarters to fit enough meat in the bag, and if i can get away with leaving quarters bone in, i assume pack the little bit of extra weight myself, unless boning it out will save me a whole trip, which is rarely the case.

the holy grail of bags for me personally would be an xpac stryker xl.... a little lighter, a lot lighter when it's dumping rain, stays clean, and keep my stuff dry(er) i would just use a big enough dry bag in the load carriage for extended trips

Mitten32

WKR
Ouch...knew that the gnargali and dall weren't much of an upgrade to the muskeg, glad I grabbed my 5K muskeg when I did. Wouldn't trade it for anything in the current lineup but who knows whats to come.
Agreed glad I got my 7k when I did it won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

OP
roosiebull
for now i ordered a gnargali, i will see how i like that, and may pick up a 5k muskeg if i find a decent deal on one in the future... i assume i'll like the gnargali, i just wish it was full xpac, but they can't make the perfect pack for every person and their individual niches.