Gnargali vs Beartooth 80

CL406

FNG
Hey Everyone, I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the Kifaru Gnargali vs the Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80. Thanks

bsnedeker

WKR
Hey Everyone, I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the Kifaru Gnargali vs the Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80. Thanks
Those two packs aren't very comparable in my opinion. Gnargali is a top-load only pack, beartooth is covered in zippers.

I think the question comes down to how you prefer to pack your bag. My philosophy is "Cram and Scram"...I just stuff things into my bag with my most used stuff towards the top, least used towards the bottom(I use the Dahl...same as Gnargali, but bigger), and go. I don't like a bunch of pockets and zippers and stuff because I can never remember where I put stuff anyway.

If you like more organization and different ways to access things in your bag then you probably won't like the Gnargali.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

WKR
I'm the opposite. Top load bags are an abyss for me and I hate pulling everything out to find something. I can pack the beartooth kind of like a suitcase where I know where everything is. I just keep the things I might need near the zipper. I like being organized like that even though I know it's a bit heavier.

Edit to add, I pack the beartooth more suitcase like but during the day use it just like a top loader. If you position the zippers at the top, it's very easy to get in/out of the main bag without unbuckling all of the side straps.

Last edited:
OP
CL406

CL406

FNG
Those two packs aren't very comparable in my opinion. Gnargali is a top-load only pack, beartooth is covered in zippers.

I think the question comes down to how you prefer to pack your bag. My philosophy is "Cram and Scram"...I just stuff things into my bag with my most used stuff towards the top, least used towards the bottom(I use the Dahl...same as Gnargali, but bigger), and go. I don't like a bunch of pockets and zippers and stuff because I can never remember where I put stuff anyway.

If you like more organization and different ways to access things in your bag then you probably won't like the Gnargali.

Do you run a lid or additional pouches on your dall? Thanks for the reply

bsnedeker

WKR
Do you run a lid or additional pouches on your dall? Thanks for the reply
I have a large belt pouch on the back for my first aid kit and toiletries. I have a lid but almost never use it.