Go Hunt vs Huntin Fool

I’m just wondering what everyone thinks of these two? Lookin at joining one and just looking for input. Thanks for the help!

OP
R
They specialize in different areas. What exactly are you looking for?
Just wanting data/ help with applying for different hunts mainly. I honestly don’t know what all I’m looking for. 😬 I’ve heard both on podcasts and both sound very interesting.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
I think gohunt is pretty much hated through the majority of this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
While many on this forum hate them both I refuse to hate someone for running a successful business. And honestly I use gohunt to help me keep track of multiple states/units/species. Never tried huntin fool but I subscribe to gohunt. I use their data, i actually really like their mapping software and ditched OnX for gohunt maps and sometimes I find some good deals on gear through them.

Wapiti1

WKR
GoHunt gives you the info on odds, etc, and a basic idea of what a unit is like.

HuntinFool gives you similar info, but is more geared to best units in the magazine. They do have commentary on opportunity hunts as well. The main difference is that you can call someone at HuntinFool and talk about a unit or strategy. They are open with knowledge, but that has its limits. They don't know every unit in every state.

Eastmans gives you the same info, as does HuntScore, Epic and a few others.

I've used GoHunt, HuntinFool, and Epic. All can be helpful to figure out your plan. Do they shortcut anything? Maybe, maybe not.

Jeremy

In what way do you mean?

They are part of the reason there are surges in application numbers year after year after year. They tell people where and how to hunt making success rates climb that in turn can cause a decrease in tag numbers.

Those success rates usually result in breeder bucks and bulls shot that in turn can hurt heard health and genetics. 2B and 2C in NM is a prime example.

They've commercialized hunting and have encouraged Insta-hero-hunters to post "look at me, look at me" pics of kills on social media giving hunting a bad name.

Ralphie

WKR
They are part of the reason there are surges in application numbers year after year after year. They tell people where and how to hunt making success rates climb that in turn can cause a decrease in tag numbers.

Those success rates usually result in breeder bucks and bulls shot that in turn can hurt heard health and genetics. 2B and 2C in NM is a prime example.

They've commercialized hunting and have encouraged Insta-hero-hunters to post "look at me, look at me" pics of kills on social media giving hunting a bad name.
And then whine like a little bitch on a YouTube video because they had trouble getting their own tag.

mhabiger

FNG
I’m just wondering what everyone thinks of these two? Lookin at joining one and just looking for input. Thanks for the help!
If you'd like to try out HuntScore for a week free just create an account and send me a direct message letting me know what email address you used. This offer is good to anyone who reads this thread.

I can't offer much in the way of becoming a youtuber or being instafamous. If anything I'd encourage you to spend as little time as possible on those platforms (and more on Rokslide).