Go Lite Tent Sale

Mike7

WKR
Wow, what a sale. Thanks for the info! Many of the men's items sold out very quickly it looks like. I purchased my wife a Terrono 85 L $300 backpack for $99. She has been needing an upgrade and this is going to be perfect for 3 day winter trips and week long summer trips for her.

OP
ScottR_EHJ

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
NP, i saw it on 24hour and so I can't take credit for the original find.

sk1

WKR
sreekers, i was looking at their tents, do you know if that's really a sale? or do they always show the suggested retail with the cheaper actual purchase price.....trying to buy a tent on a budget, this seems like a good deal, but i would rather wait a little longer unless these are actually sale prices in which case i think ill get the shangri 1 man or 3 man, not sure..

wyelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
yes it is on sale. just a week or so a go i almost bought one and the price then would have been $399 . Glad i waited.

sk1

WKR
i was about to order the shangri-la 3, but does anyone know if it comes with the nest? i dont see it sold separately

Last edited:

jags

FNG
SK, they had the SL3 flysheet listed separately when the sale started and it's gone now so I would assume what is left to be the whole package. Hopefully they come back with just the flysheet later in the year again.

swat8888

WKR
I was actually tracking this because I was waiting for the Tumalo pants to come back into stock last week... I got the new version at last years prices to boot. And as a bonus they had Shangra la 5 flysheets for $149. Just a note, they were out of stock online, but if you called in you could still order them. Although they said there were only 3...and I bought 1....not sure if any are left.

sk1

WKR
i just ordered the SL3, i actually am hoping it's the complete system or i will be a little disappointed.

thanks for the heads up sreekers, im trying to buy the best gear i can on a budget to complete the necessary equipment to start solo backpack hunting, i probably would have gotten something half the quality, a smaller size, and more weight if not for this deal! this is a little big for one person, but just it will be nice to have extra room to keep my gear inside, or on the rare occasion bring a friend who doesn't have their own tent....too bad their sleeping bags are all sold out in long, that would have been a killer deal for me

now hopefully to have my kifaru duplex t2 ordered next month (one of the few items im ignoring budget on)

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Sk1,

Unless it says fly only, you are getting the fly, pole, and nest altogether. My order for the SL5 is in.

dotman

WKR
Do these come setup ready for a stove or is that an added cost or diy project?

OP
ScottR_EHJ

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DIY project. If you can stand the guy at Wyoming Lost and Found you can send it to him to get it put in.

swat8888

WKR
Bearpaw Wilderness....bearpawwd.com also does alot of custom work on the GoLite's. They can add netting around the bottom of the tent in case you don't want to buy the entire nest but still want a little better bug protection and they can do a bunch of other pretty cool mods. They are super easy to work with too. Can't speak for the quality of their work I was just in discussion when them about some possible mods to a Shangra-la tent.

swat8888

WKR
Go to the custom work tab and it shows a bunch of pictures of things they have done....not just GoLite by the way. You can also get an idea what kind of additional weight you are talking about adding for different features if you email John and ask.