Go Lite tents

westside elkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at this tent the other day on their website.I was thinking about ordering one. Has anybody ordered this tent and going to try it out this year?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Those Go Lites do look pretty nice. 2lb 6oz - 2 man tent is nice! Just wondering if they are like the paper mache Big Agnes tents. Never a fan of those. Actually took mine back.

Thanks Aron, I am running a Mountain Hardwear Meridian 2 that I have had for about 3 years now, nice tent, double vestibule which is really nice. I have weathered a couple really bad storms in the Eagle Caps with it, was really awesome, no issues at all. But the downfall is it weighs bout 4lb 10 oz. Interested to see what you think of the Golite. Might be time for a change!

Last edited:

Jplus4

FNG
Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it Aron. Im using a Marmot EOS for my single shelter but saw the new GoLites and am thinking about upgrading. I use the SL3 for my son and I and am happy with GoLites products so far.
Josh M

I had called golite a few months ago trying to buy just a shangri la 5 flysheet and they mentioned they were coming out with some ultralights. I look forward to a review on them

littlebuf

Banned
these look pretty nice but my 2 man tarptent is still lighter and looks simpler to set up. TTsquall 2 with stakes (msr ground hogs) comes in at 32oz with stuff sack and only has one little pole to put down by the foot end. still this tent has a nice design

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Looking forward to hearing what Aron has to say. Though the 10D fly makes me a bit cautious for sure. I realize its in an effort to keep weight down, but my SL-5 is 15D and I surely don't want for something lighter weight than that to be honest. I'm sure its a non-issue for most, but if I'm wanting a freestanding tent I'd be more interested in their Wolf Creek offering with 40D fly. Yes, its heavier, but its no doubt stouter and has two doors and two vestibules as well which is nice when going with two guys. For a single person solo shelter the imogene UL2 looks great though.

Don't forget to post up your thoughts Aron...

ams

WKR
I was in a Golite store yesterday and they had their new tents in. Setup the imogene 3 without the fly in store. The fly felt super light and thin but who knows, it could work fine. It's really a two man deal if you will have any packs or bows inside. Its long enough for taller guys by my guestimations and the walls are at a good angle for maximum inner room. To sleep 3 you need the middle persons head by the others feet. I laid out the two man version but just to see the footprint area. I would say 2 man no gear or one man with gear. I have a pic of me in he 3 but still havenet figured out jow to post them.

Attachments

• 20130326_112936.jpg
    20130326_112936.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 112