Go-to calling sequence for public land dogs

What is your calling strategy this time of year for calling in pressured coyotes on public land?

Get away from areas most people stop look for area that most people will drive past or not think about change up sounds it’s getting to breeding season so vocals fights and pup distress
I covered this topic a little in episode 2 and will be goin in more detail here soon on my podcast

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coyote-calling-academy/id1447993165?mt=2 also on sound cloud Podbean or google play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to say what distress sounds may still work, because then everyone else will be doing the same thing, making it as ineffective as everything else on pressured dogs ;)! Like mentioned already, vocalizations/pup distress will work the best this time of year. Give those pressured dogs a little more time to come in as well. A good fight is hard to pass up, but i've caught plenty sneaking in late to a stand (past 30 mins) to check out whats going on.

mcseal2

WKR
Nothing has been working well for me lately! I'm in a bit of a slump. Headed out now to try to break it.

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
Female yodel howl twice in 5 minutes. Pause. Pup distress “2” I believe and get ready. Maybe try Cals cottontail.

Prairie dog in distress and platinum fox have worked well also

gonzaga

FNG
Most of the time I will start a stand with a howl. If I can get a response I typically wait about 5 minutes and either cut the distance to the response direction and generally face that direction with the Sun and wind in my favor.
I usually start with a rabbit distress call very soft. I will then ramp up the intensity and the volume.
If no response after 15 minutes, they are not interested typically.