Goal zero nomad 7

TravisIN

WKR
These are refurbs/returns. They are usually around 70 new. So I figured for 25 bucks it’s worth a shot and may be a nice option to have here ab there. I picked one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
This is a great deal.

I bought 2 refurbished Nomad 7's (previous model) and 2 Venture 30's for my son and I a couple of years ago and they have been great to have. Both of the cables on the Venture 30's developed shorts and after sending an email to Goal Zero they sent me 2 replacements within a week at no charge.

Santa

FNG
Thanks for passing along! I was planning to buy one this year, so it was nice to save a little $. Just ordered one. Appreciate it!

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
I got mine today and it looks perfect. I went ahead and ordered another one. Haha since the world is ending it might be nice to have some solar power if needed

CCH

WKR
Thanks for the tip. Mine arrived yesterday. Testing it now and it has a 10400 mAh battery pack 2/3 charged in about 2.5 hours. However, the sun is blazing today and we’re supposed to hit 103. Pretty happy for $25 shipped and a two day turn around.

1234AveA

Lil-Rokslider
For a non electrical savvy guy. What else would you need with this panel for it to charge a phone or battery pack?

For a non electrical savvy guy. What else would you need with this panel for it to charge a phone or battery pack?

Just the regular usb cord you use to charge your phone/battery pack.

This is for emergency situations mostly. It folds to basically nothing, wont really take up pack space. You can even put it in the hydration bladder pouch behind the bladder to make the pack slightly more rigid. I have the Nomad 10, which weighs about a pound, this one I think weighs a bit less . You can plan to have enough battery packs to juice your phone/inreach on a x day trip, but if something goes south this solar panel is the only way to get power to those devices if your battery packs are drained.

The 10 wont charge an iPhone directly, I cant say for sure that's the case for the 7 plus. You have to charge a battery pack, then charge the iPhone. I believe it charges android devices directly. If you get a battery pack that is pass-through capable (like jackery battery packs), you can charge the battery pack with the Nomad, and a iPhone cable from the battery pack to iPhone to charge it all at once.

Last edited:
OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
I’ll charge my phone at night with a power bank and then leave the bank on charge with the solar panel during the day. Good system for me. You get multiple chargers out of the power bank so if you have a couple cloudy crappy days you’ll be fine bc it doesn’t need charged each day. Then you just recharge it when you get a good day